Sr. Manager, Sales (Travel)
Open to SF or NY
Lead and inspire a world class sales team while driving partnerships and revenue growth with the top Travel brands in the U.S. Looking for a high level national leader to oversee the Travel vertical revenue growth while deepening partnerships. Inspire and lead a team of 9 with responsibility over the Travel category nationally.
This successful person will be goal oriented, driven and entrepreneurial. This person will be tasked with building and managing a vertical nationally with teams in various distributed locations. The Senior Manager should have senior-level agency contacts, high level direct brand relationships and a track record of achievements. This media expert will be responsible for establishing Twitter as a vital social platform for everyday events and tentpole events. The Senior Manager of Sales will have a passion for Media, the ability to sell beyond the numbers and the work ethic to make it happen. This individual needs to know how to inspire a team and client base.
- Generate revenue towards a defined quota established for revenue earned from advertising revenue
- Manage a high-performing team by recruiting excellent talent, retaining and rewarding existing talent, managing resources efficiently, and demonstrating great leadership
- Directly manage a growing team of Sales Managers focused on renewing and expanding existing customer revenues
- Provide sales mentorship and elevate the team’s abilities to manage and close revenue
- Grow the team and constantly be building a talent pipeline
- Provide thought leadership within the industry as it relates to ad serving platforms and the use of data to improve marketing efficiency
- Lead the dialogue with sales and product management regarding market opportunities, sales positioning, use of resources and strategic planning
- Act as an online advertising expert and evangelist for Twitter promoted products
- Provide direction to drive creative and long term improvements to our overall platform offering
- Accurately forecast recurring revenue pipelines along with incremental bookings
- Constantly innovate ways to balance sales opportunities, client management, and new customer on-boarding responsibilities
- Work to develop and circulate the set of best practices that will serve as the foundation for this growing team
- Listen to the needs of the market and share the learnings internally with cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Research, Brand Strategy, Content Planning & Content Partnerships
- Be proactive and innovative in solving problems and decision making
- Be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge
- Do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives
- BA/BSc degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant experience).
- 12+ years of experience in advertising sales, marketing, consulting, or media.
- 6+ years of people management experience
- Experience as a sales leader.
- C-level relationships across Industry
- Ability to sell C-Level and across departments
- Strong technical aptitude
- 15+ years of solution sales experience selling in digital media or a related industry with 6+ years of people management
- Directly managed individual sales reps as well as team leads
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Strong sales process discipline
- A proven track record of driving and closing enterprise or OEM deals
- Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals w/ a strong track record
- Excellent understanding of growing and sustaining businesses in a highly competitive and changing marketplace
- Experience developing and managing a partner base
- Proven ability to achieve quotas in a leveraged model
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Ability to liaise with and motivate individuals at all levels of the partner relationship
- Proven ability at effectively making formal and informal presentations to all levels of management
- Drive to succeed and results focused
- Passion and commitment for partner success
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Ability to travel
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!