Senior Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
Who We Are:
The Data Infrastructure organization provides Twitter’s internal data platform. The technologies we work on include Hadoop, Scribe, Flume, Scalding, Cascading, Summingbird, Parquet, Spark, Presto, Hive, Heron, Zeppelin, and many others. Several of these technologies were originally developed at Twitter and we actively contribute to open source for many others. We operate at substantial scale, with multiple Hadoop clusters of 10k+ nodes each, hundreds of Petabytes of data, trillions of log messages arriving daily, and tens of thousands of jobs executed each day. We are focused on providing world-class tools to our internal customers. We are investing heavily in the privacy and security of our platform. We are also in the process of embracing a hybrid cloud model by migrating some of our use cases to Google Cloud Platform. These recent investments have driven significant growth in our organization and we are looking for engineers at all levels to join a new team in Bangalore to build next-generation Analytics Infrastructure.
Who You Are:
You want to be part of a community of the most talented, forward-thinking engineers in the industry. You want to learn, work with, and contribute to cutting-edge open-source technologies. The ideal candidate has experience with and/or a history of contributions to Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Scalding, Parquet, Airflow or similar technologies. You are a strong Java, Scala, or C++ developer. You have experience in distributed systems, database internals, Linux and networking fundamentals, or performance analysis
What You’ll Do:
Be part of the seed engineering team in Bangalore. You will be part of the team with end-end ownership of a large infrastructure. You get to define and influence engineering culture and help in growing Twitter Bangalore engineering.
You will help us solve some of our biggest challenges!
- Evaluate, and onboard open source technologies
- Build highly reliable, multi-tenant and secured infrastructure
- Build new tools to achieve self-serve analytics for product and business teams
- Understand how Twitter’s data is used and “what it all means”
- Delight internal customers
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Engineer in Backend/Stack
- Experience in building and operating distributed backend systems in Java, Scala or C++
- Strong design and architecture skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or other technical disciplines (MS/Ph.D. is a plus)
Preferred Qualifications & Ideal Candidates
- Exposure to building systems for data analytics
- Experience with working on open source software
- Experience with orchestration engines like Apache Airflow, and Apache Oozie
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!