Senior Product Manager, Returning User Experience
The Consumer Products team is looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead its efforts on the “returning user experience” — engaging people who occasionally try Twitter, and creating a great experience for them as they try out the product again. There are many people who use Twitter everyday, and many more who tried it at one point but didn’t find the value in it (for example because it was hard to get started & setup, or sometimes because they didn’t understand what it was for). In this role, you will lead a cross-functional team to bring our infrequent customers back to Twitter and help them find the value in using Twitter every day. If you are analytical, and like building amazing product experiences powered by machine learning, and seek the thrill of having large and direct impact to the company’s goals, this role is for you!
Who We Are:
Within the Consumer Product organization at Twitter, our mission is to bring people to Twitter and connect them with the value Twitter can provide every day. The Returning User eXperience (RUX, for short) team’s charter is to reach our users when they are not on Twitter, and help them give Twitter another try. This team builds products and machine learning capabilities to determine which customers to reach, the most effective way to reach them and bring them, and the ideal experience to give them when they do come back to Twitter. We have a large impact on the number of people that use Twitter daily, and have an even larger opportunity ahead of us.
What You’ll Do:
- Build deep understanding of our inactive and infrequent users and why they don’t use Twitter more often.
- Formulate a product strategy to reach these users where they are, bring them to Twitter, and help them find the value of using Twitter daily. Convert this strategy into a roadmap and define goals and OKRs for your team.
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, user researchers and data scientists to execute on the roadmap, track progress against team goals and iterate as needed to meet those goals. This includes writing product specs, coordinating development activity, continuously learning and iterating from user feedback and insights.
- Be the voice of our less-frequent users, and champion the team’s mission in the company.
Who You Are:
- A customer-obsessed product leader who is passionate about Twitter and our mission.
- Have a track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams to shipping great consumer products.
- Have a creative and entrepreneurial spirit, are a self-starter and an analytical thinker.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, and can collaborate with a large and varied group of stakeholders.
At Twitter, we have a bold aspiration to reach every person on the planet. We believe that goal is more attainable with a team that understands and represents different cultures and backgrounds. Twitter is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to everyone, regardless of their race, color, ancestry, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!