Senior Product Manager, Media Platform and Live Infrastructure
Who We Are:
Twitter is the best place to stay informed about what’s happening. Photos, GIFs, and videos (on demand + live) all play an important role in supporting the global conversation.
We provide the back end services that power all media on Twitter. We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the vision, product strategy and execution for our Media Platform and Live Infrastructure teams.
What You'll Do:
Alongside an expert team of media encoding specialists and distributed services engineers, you will be responsible for developing, prioritizing, communicating, and executing on a roadmap of media services that enable us to upload, process and deliver all media on Twitter.
Working closely with a diverse set of product teams from across Twitter, you will help us:
- Tune our product strategy and operations to make sure we are delivering a platform that’s easy for our customer teams to build on.
- Efficiently upload/ingest all types of media (Live, Video on demand, gifs and images)
- Tune our media encoding/transcoding pipelines for the optimal balance of visual quality, data usage and playback performance
- Develop support for a broad set of content protection and rights management features
- Optimize integrations/coverage with CDNs to provide the most stable and performant media distribution
- Ensure media is classified to support Twitter’s content health policies
- Drive processes to ensure platform services conform to data privacy regulations
- Deliver public API solutions for media upload/ingest by 3rd party developers
As such, you will:
- Develop, prioritize, communicate and execute on a roadmap of media services based on a deep understanding of the needs of product teams from across Twitter
- Collaborate with both consumer, infrastructure and revenue teams to measure and improve the impact of these services and be able to explain why in a clear, accessible way.
- You’re personable, empathetic, and excellent at building strong relationships with a diverse set of customers and stakeholders from across the business, regardless of their role or specialism
- You embrace a growth mindset and a servant leadership approach to product management
- You’re able to simplify and present technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders to explain impact and drive buy-in
- You’re data-driven and detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities
- You’re a clear and effective communicator, both in person and in writing
- You’re comfortable and experienced with leading through influence rather than authority
- You’re driven to get things done with a focus on impact and a growth mindset
- You have hands-on experience with high availability, scalable software and services
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative or engineering discipline
- You have at least a working knowledge of media formats and encoding technologies
- You have experience providing product management support to remote teams
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.