Senior Communications Associate - Ads Revenue - CONTRACT
Who We Are:
We are the small-but-mighty Communications team at Twitter. We are largely dedicated to external PR and media relations. We’re seeking a Contract - Senior Associate level individual to work in Twitter’s New York City office alongside internal colleagues in Sales, Brand Strategy, Revenue Product, MoPub and B2B Marketing as well as cross-functionally with the rest of the Communications team to help tell stories about the company’s mission of growing own business in a way that makes us proud.
This role is a 6 - 9 month contract based in our NY city office.
Who You Are:
- Develop ideas for pitches that are seasonal, topical and reproducible
- Chip in to assist the Revenue Team strategy and planning around large tentpole events, as well as everyday marketing moments
- You will track media outlets and publications relevant to your internal business partners
- Maintain media lists and contact notes for reporters and outlets we work with
- You will draft blog posts and tweets as needed for announcements and updates
- Determine announcement collateral needed (e.g., mock-ups and screenshots, images for the blog post, video, etc.) and coordinate with appropriate teams to get those materials
- Track press coverage for key announcements; identify/flag inaccurate or misleading pieces
- You respond directly to media inquiries, with guidance from your manager and colleagues
- You will work with Sales, Brand Strategy, Revenue Product, MoPub, B2B Marketing, Legal, Policy teams, and others as needed, to get background information on what’s happening if/when issues occur
- Flag, help evaluate, and keep track of Twitter employee speaking requests
- You have a passion for Twitter and our mission
- At least 3-4 years of communications experience in an agency or in-house environment
- You have knowledge about the advertising industry, ad tech, and other marketing/brand related topics
- Exceptional writing and editing skills (those with journalistic experience preferred)
- Experience devising, executing, and measuring the success of active media campaigns, including creating media lists, briefing documents, and coverage analysis for internal audiences
- You have basic knowledge of public financial markets, economics of the online advertising business, and the consumer Internet industry
- Effective communications skills across all levels of an organizations - from individual contributors to executive staff
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, exciting environment
- A great attitude and sense of humor
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree (no specific major preferred - We love diverse perspectives) or equivalent work experience
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!