Research Analyst, Audience Insights (Tokyo)
Research Specialist, Audience Insights (Marketing Insights & Analytics)
San Francisco, New York, London, Tokyo
Who We Are
The Marketing Insight & Analytics team seek to understand and improve the value of Twitter to both advertisers and consumers. We explore how consumers think, feel, and behave on Twitter, and examine what that means for brands and advertising.
The Audience Insights team is a new team within Marketing Insight & Analytics. We provide insights about consumers, brands and culture to support pitch presentations for high-value advertising campaigns on Twitter.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team who use data creatively to tell compelling, human stories with a significant business impact.
What You’ll Do
The Research Analyst is an role for candidates with 3-5 years of experience in a field related to market research, consumer insights, or media planning. You will work as part of a team responsible for delivering insights and market research support for advertiser pitches. The role involves extracting and analyzing data from internal systems, using third-party research suppliers, presenting to clients and collaborating with a variety of teams across Twitter.
Who You Are
- You have a strong background working with different types of data and market research and you enjoy finding the insights and stories in the numbers.
- You are curious about how people think and how advertising works.
- You have attention to detail and are highly organized.
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative (e.g., could befriend colleagues outside of reporting lines in different geographies for knowledge sharing).
- You can balance the need for quick turnaround with longer-term strategic efforts.
- You have strong teamwork and collaboration skills (e.g., could manage a project with a 3rd-party vendor).
- You have a client-responsive, customer service mindset.
- 3-5 years experience working in market research, consumer insights, media planning or a related field
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to oversee third-party vendors and conduct complex research studies that use a range of data sources.
- Ability to frame insights into elegant, clear presentations that inform business opportunities, marketing programs and product launches.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Prior experience with social listening platforms (e.g. Crimson Hexagon, Brandwatch) is highly preferred.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) is preferred; if this experience is lacking, then training will be available and expected.
- Proficiency with presentation software (e.g PowerPoint, Google Slides, Keynote)
- Prior experience within the advertising or digital media industries is preferred.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!