Quality Program Manager - Vendor Ops
Twitter is seeking a Senior Quality Program Manager who will own the end to end vendor quality program for Twitter Service. You will utilize strategic decision making, strong analytical capabilities and thought leadership to ensure that vendors are meeting quality standards and SLA’s as defined by the operations teams. Through effective project management and statistical analysis, you will help define, standardize and innovate the program’s strategy across multiple suppliers, locations and workflows. Although this is an individual contributor (IC) role, you will be expected to be a leader and mentor for others in the organization by facilitating communication across global stakeholders and contributing as a subject matter expert. The position is based in San Francisco, CA.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the primary DRI for the vendor quality programs across multiple suppliers and locations.
- Ensure global alignment across internal and external stakeholders through proactive communication and facilitation of cross-functional projects.
- Lead and facilitate innovative quality initiatives by developing a deep understanding key business requirements and maximizing value from vendor partners.
- Mentor others in the organization regarding different aspects of quality and training management, education of statistical techniques and industry best practices.
- Develop and execute a qualitative and quantitative strategy for improving QA, mitigating operational risk and proactively identifying trends.
- Manage relationships with key vendor quality POC’s to ensure quality standards and contractual obligations are being met.
- Utilize a learning management system to improve training practices and process certifications across multiple workflows.
- Proactively use metrics, analytics and statistics (sampling, confidence intervals, margin of error) to make informed decisions and to create robust analyses.
- Collaborate with vendor managers to identify opportunities to optimize QA and training costs.
- Work directly with Vendor Operations to help set, prioritize and execute on team based OKR’s.
- Drive several projects across cross-functional partners relating to benchmarking quality, identifying thematic gaps and areas of improvement, introducing industry best practices and improving existing processes.
- Collaborate with operations and tooling/automations teams to develop quality and training tools to automate manual processes and reduce human error.
- Speak for and collaborate directly with the support management team to help the team make key business decisions.
Who You Are:
- Leadership: You are recognized as a trusted mentor and leader across the organization. While you will not necessarily manage people directly, you will be viewed as a subject matter expert within quality assurance.
- Domain Expertise: You have advanced knowledge of quality assurance practices. This includes developing and standardizing QA framework, implementing strategic sampling and identifying areas of improvement across new and existing vendor engagements.
- Analytical Capabilities: You have a strong background in data and metrics that enable you to make informed decisions on a day-to-day basis. You are able to build your own reports and dashboards and will use your findings to optimize vendor performance and validate numbers. Additionally, you use statistical techniques to improve accuracy and reduce risk.
- Communication: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and can be trusted to speak for and represent the global Vendor Operations team in most situations. You seamlessly present complex ideas and large project proposals to all levels of the business, including executives. You are proactive and navigate ambiguous situations with confidence and know the right situations in which to raise a red flag to your leadership team.
- Problem solving: People will come to you with hard problems that they can’t solve so that you can guide and mentor them through complex solutions. You fearlessly seek out people across the business in order to learn new things and unblock barriers to success. You research possible outcomes and proactively make recommendations to your stakeholders. You understand how to prioritize across multiple backlogs and teams and how to negotiate up and across the business for the resources you and your team need.
- Team Player: You are part of an organization that relies on a lot of mutual trust and respect to get stuff done. You’ll give and take feedback well, learn from your mistakes and operate with a growth mindset.
- Minimum Qualifications
- BA/BS degree or local equivalent
- 5-7 years of working experience
- Have prior experience (3+ years) building and/or managing a global quality program
- Minimum of one year experience in customer support and/or vendor management
- Experience working with content management systems and/or quality assurance software
- Ability to travel up to 20% to global vendor locations
- Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Business, Statistics, or Data Analytics
- Experience working in hi-tech, online or telecommunications industries
- Certified in COPC Quality Process Outsourcing, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen or PMP
- Domain and Industry Expertise: Background experience with call center services, data analysis, tech troubleshooting, social media / content moderation background
- Active, passionate Twitter user with strong interest in social media
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!