Policy Communications Manager, EMEA
Policy Communications Manager, EMEA
The Twitter Policy Communications team focuses on storytelling around public policy issues that touch the critical intersection of technology, public policy, media, and governance. These communications issues range from freedom of expression to the health of online public conversations and internet safety, to data privacy and election integrity.
The Policy Communications team works closely with the Public Policy team to showcase the role of Twitter in government and elections, including civic participation, digital diplomacy, and e-governance. The Policy Communications team also tells the stories of how our #TwitterforGood efforts support NGOs in the areas of digital inclusion, freedom of expression, online safety and security, equality, women and minorities in tech, and emergency services/disaster mitigation and recovery.
About the role
The Policy Communications Manager for EMEA will be responsible for supporting communications strategies and campaigns related to the intersection of technology and public policy across EMEA.
This role requires the ability to explain the dimensions of Twitter’s policy initiatives (including trust and safety) to the media, and to prepare critical briefings and media analysis reports for both Twitter’s Communications and Public Policy teams.
The candidate will have a proven record of managing strong media relationships and will be required to manage internal and external communications in a fast-paced, deadline-driven working environment, including challenging reputation communications.
The EMEA Policy Comms Manager will be based in Twitter’s EMEA headquarters in Dublin and will work closely with our Washington DC and San Francisco offices.
- Support proactive EMEA policy communications strategies which underline Twitter’s Identify strategic communications opportunities across EMEA, react to fast-moving Organise daily EMEA press enquiries related to policy matters, and cultivate strong media relationships with a press that cover policy issues in the region;
- Provide administrative and operational support to the Senior Policy Communications Manager for EMEA, and assist in the preparation and development of key resources, e.g. briefing materials, monitoring reports, Q&A documents, blog posts, Tweets, etc.;
- Liaise with regional and Global Communications, Policy Communications and the Public Policy teams to effectively support their campaigns, and to ensure that the EMEA voice is represented globally;
- Monitor emerging policy issues in EMEA, and be a source of go-to media analysis and insight for the Public Policy and Communications teams in EMEA.
What you need...
- Minimum of 3-4+ years’ experience in communications/public relations. In-house, technology communications preferred;
- Strong media relations skills and experience working with a public relations/communications agency desired;
- Motivated to thrive in a fast-paced, pressurised environment, and to meet deadlines consistently;
- Ability to distil complex, technical information into simple and easy to understand language;
- Good project management and organisational skills;
- Knowledge of the EMEA political landscape desirable;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- A global outlook and an ability to work with different cultures, perspectives, and attitudes;
- A compassionate and empathetic approach to work and a strong team player;
- Flexibility, amiability, and willingness to learn and be challenged.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!