Olympic Project Manager, Twitter Client Solution (Tokyo)
Olympic Project Manager, TCS
Twitter is seeking an exceptional project manager to take the lead on Japan's biggest moments and events of the upcoming decade. The Project Manager will work cross-functionally and cross-regionally within Twitter and often with third parties to manage and coordinate high-value programs and activities. You'll be expected to define, scope, and deliver projects of worldwide events such as #TokyoOlympic2020 and beyond to maximize Twitter's opportunity for growth. Projects you will be expected to manage will the most unique, pioneering, and visible within the industry.
This position is based in Tokyo, will be part of the broader Twitter Client Solution team, and will report directly to Sr Director of TCS Japan.
Success in this role is measured by
- The delivery of positive project outcomes for Twitter and the Twitter Client Solution team, meeting the project goals on time and within budget
- Deriving analytics around the effectiveness of initiatives in driving Twitter TCS's goals
- Feedback from project stakeholders on quality and usefulness of communications
- Increases in efficiency over time; doing more with less through best practices and optimizations
- Develop a scalable strategy and organizational recommendations for execution of high-value engagements
- Evangelize internal and external needs to cross functional teams and to influence project roadmap decisions/prioritization
- Manage projects from start to finish, including stakeholder expectations and project risks
- Track issues and develop mitigation and contingency plans
- Provide accurate work estimates and make resource requests and allocations based on project requirements and budgeted scope
- Produce and maintain core project artifacts including schedules, status reports and surrounding documentation
- Serve as the primary contact for third-party vendors, identifying and documenting integration points and dependencies
- Coordinate with large cross-functional teams including legal, analytics, support, design, comms, engineering and product
- Define and document best practices, and contribute to company knowledge sharing effort
- 10+ year experience working with cross-functional teams (Sales, product, engineering, legal, marketing, communications, finance, etc.) on deadline, delivering custom complex projects
- Experience in monetizing around global events and content partnership related is strongly preferred.
- An ability to communicate and work effectively across multiple internal disciplines
- Expertise in managing complex projects, leading teams and managing partner interactions
- Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing, ambiguous and challenging situations
- Excellent understanding of project/program management best practices
- Full fluency (verbal and written) in both Japanese and English required
- Passion for Twitter
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!