Office Coordinator, Japan (Tokyo)
Real Estate & Workplace, Office Coordinator
Who We Are:
We are looking for an Office Coordinator to be located in our Tokyo office. This role will partner with our other Tokyo REW (Real Estate and Workplace) staff in operating our Tokyo office. This role will report to the REW Sr. Office Coordinator or Office Manager in Tokyo.
What We Are Looking For:
You’re very comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the highest standards of excellence. You know how to have fun at work, and bring enthusiasm, dedication and a collaborative spirit to build and maintain innovative office spaces that facilitate one of the world’s most important platforms.
This role is critical in promoting culture and creates and elevates programs and amenities that make employees love coming to work every day. You must have a passion for supporting and maintaining a world-class workspace that inspires staff to do their best work. #LoveWhereYouWork
What You’ll Do:
- Provide the ultimate guest experience to everyone who comes to our offices. Greet all visitors and process through Twitter’s digital guest system. Provide hospitality and notify host employee. Maintain a clean and attractive reception lobby.
- Reception hours are from 9:00AM-6:00PM on weekdays. These are the regular working hours for this position but there are exceptions in working hours during cases like supporting events after 6 pm, early mornings when VIP visitors or events occur, and weekends for onsite monitoring on facility maintenance.
- Serve as primary contact for all deliveries coming into building. Manage shipping and receiving for business mail, notifying recipients as required.
- Manage Tokyo office requests using Twitter’s internal work order ticketing system. Respond in a timely manner per the established department metrics. Answer questions and perform tasks as requested. Escalate when necessary. Engage outside parties as required to fulfill tasks (repairs, etc.) Ensure that top customer service levels are being met via prompt, friendly response.
- Maintain office floor plan, seating and headcount charts. Coordinate approved moves. Provide reporting as requested.
- Act as onsite point of contact for vendor relations. Ensure providers are meeting contract Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Onboard new vendors, establish Purchase Orders (POs), and be the point person for any payment or invoicing issues. Responsible for providers of food services, office supplies, interior plants, appliances, furniture, fish tank, parking, pest control, janitorial, maintenance, shipping, carting, movers, ergonomic adjustments and HVAC.
- Act as Twitter’s site liaison with Building Management staff to coordinate building services, amenities, etc. and relay messaging on behalf of building management to staff regarding office closures, parking garage, building repairs, etc.
- Review all vendor invoices, work with providers for any discrepancies.
- Develop and manage office Annual Operating Expense (OPEX) budget. Work with Regional Manager and Finance/FP&A on quarterly analysis and reforecasting.
- Onsite point of contact for subtenant(s). Coordinate any landlord approval for work as required.
- Participate in menu planning sessions and provide input on food service program.
- Manage staff parking accounts, collect payment and maintain records.
- Coordinate company New Hires and Departures with HR, IT and Security.
- Manage inventory, order, and replenish stationery stock as required.
- Ensure that conference rooms, print areas, kitchen and all common spaces are tidy, in working order and and well stocked.
- Work closely with local leadership on all business unit needs. Provide high touch service in response to requests or issues from leadership. Support culture of office in communication and action.
- Work with Global Design & Construction function within REW on any office improvement projects.
- Provide support for events within the office. Plan, organize and execute approval internal and office events as directed. Coordinate food with onsite provider, or external supplier as necessary. Coordinate logistics and space setup. Work with janitorial staff to make sure all spaces are prepped for events and promptly cleaned and reset after. Work with Security and to coordinate all guest access to space to ensure a positive guest experience. Liaise with ITSys for any A/V or IT needs. Team with Global Events team as necessary on applicable events.
- Plan and coordinate two off-site events per year - Summer Picnic and Holiday Party.
- Other similar responsibilities, consistent with the above, to be assigned.
- Manage and interact with subtenants where applicable.
Who You Are:
- Proven ability to work under pressure and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
- Qualified candidate will have a track record of maintaining and tracking processes and procedures for facilities support.
- Demonstrated analytical skills necessary for the collation of data and production of information in a corporate setting.
- Proven ability to manage internal customer relationship with an emphasis on prompt, respectful service.
- Strong written and verbal communication with an emphasis on prompt, friendly communications.
- Proven ability to work across different time zones and remotely manage people and operations.
- BA/BS degree in business, management, operations or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Min 1 year experience in facilities management operations. Prior experience in management and supporting special events a plus.
- Flexibility with regard to job requirements.
- Native-level Japanese and business-level English
- Proficient in Mac OS and Google apps suite a plus.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to travel (10%).
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!