Marketing Manager, Global Consumer Marketing, Japan (Tokyo)
Who we are:
Twitter is looking for a passionate and impact focused Marketing Manager to join Consumer Marketing Team and help drive Twitter’s user growth and engagement. We focus on driving the full marketing process from gathering insights from product and consumers, to developing strategies, to executing campaigns, and measuring and optimizing results. Consumer Marketing values trust, accuracy, collaboration, and impact. Join us in making Twitter one of the most loved daily experiences for people looking to find out what’s happening.
What you’ll do:
This role will develop and manage consumer marketing programs in specific channels to drive new user acquisition, spark healthy public conversation, foster user retention, and advance brand building. In this cross-functional role, you will collaborate closely with stakeholders across Product, Consumer Insights, Sales, PR, Marketing and In-House Creative Agency. You’ll translate your deep understanding of Twitter users into inspiring product stories, new ways to engage our audience, and campaigns that deepen consumers’ connection with Twitter.
Who You Are:
- You use insights and data to develop and drive marketing programs that grow reach, adoption, usage and engagement. Above all, you have the strategic experience and creative chops to help drive world-class marketing.
- You possess a strong consumer marketing background
- You've demonstrated a consistent record of successfully launching marketing programs and campaigns (both big and small) globally and locally, leading to changed consumer behaviors, and impactful results
- You are a self-starter who thrives in a rapidly changing environment, at ease and calm with frequent pivots in priorities
- You've demonstrated the use of consumer insights, performance metrics and market trends to develop marketing programs and drive specific habitual behaviors
- You are comfortable making decisions with partial information and learning from both your successes and failures
- You have strong relationship management with measured success
- You are experienced working with creatives and media, both in house and agency, to create and measure world-class campaigns
- You are a problem solver who can identify potential solutions as well as advance concerns when necessary
- You are extraordinarily clear and concise in communication
- You possess strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision-making
- You have a global perspective
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8-10 years experience in digital and lifecycle marketing, direct response marketing
- Ability to handle the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a fast-paced tech environment
- Familiarity with and passion for Twitter platform and understanding of the social media industry and its changing landscape
- Expertise in content marketing and social media marketing with strong creative and editorial sensibilities
- Strong quantitative analytical ability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including executive presentations
- A strong track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional relationships and a proven ability to lead cross-functional initiatives
- Experience in creative or media agency account management or planning experience is a plus
- Native-level Japanese required; business-level English a plus
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!