Legal Counsel, Global Litigation and Regulatory
As Litigation Counsel at Twitter, you’ll work with team members who are passionate about the law and growing our business in a way that makes us proud. You’ll be part of a team responsible for a wide range of litigation and regulatory matters and will help develop strategies across subject matter areas. You’ll work in close collaboration with teams throughout the company, and will help us to build scalable tools and processes to support a fast-growing global business. You must bring exceptional legal judgment, as well as creativity, to your daily role. You should have a track record of collaborating and thriving in a fast-paced team environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide legal advice and support to internal teams across the company on litigation risk and litigation-related processes.
- Manage outside counsel in devising and implementing global litigation and regulatory strategy.
- Work collaboratively as part of the team that manages litigation and pre-litigation threats on a variety of issues in the United States and around the world.
- Help develop scalable solutions for litigation challenges.
- Manage various other disputes/matters depending on aptitude and increasing volume and variety of work.
Who You Are:
- You are a self-starter who works well with minimal supervision, but exercises excellent judgment about when to look for guidance from your managers and teammates.
- You are an excellent communicator with diverse and time-pressed stakeholders.
- You work effectively in cross-functional teams and are open-minded, inclusive, and flexible.
- You are able to assess quickly emerging situations and develop practical options to respond to and resolve risks, in a way that displays legal knowledge, common sense, and sound judgment.
- You view relationships with your clients and other stakeholders as key to your success and build and maintain trusted relationships with those individuals and their teams.
- You have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively multiple projects simultaneously.
- You get things done!
- You have a great sense of humor.
- 5+ years of government, in-house, and/or law firm litigation experience, including experience in California state and federal courts.
- Specialized knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas: Section 230, First Amendment, privacy, securities, international litigation, and/or intellectual property litigation.
- Experience with responding to regulatory inquiries.
- Prior experience representing technology or internet companies.
- JD and California Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to apply for/maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar).
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!