Lead Sales Specialist (GVS), Greater China
As Global Video Solutions Lead you will be a part of a cross-channel team working closely with Sales, Product, Product Marketing, Research and Ad Operations to grow Twitter’s video advertising solutions in the Greater China region.
In this role, you will be both a product expert and top seller/evangelist. You’ll work in close collaboration with regional Video Solutions Leads, China sales leadership, and the Global Video Solutions Team to craft multi-quarter go-to-market plans for Twitter’s Video Ad Products and be highly focused on in-market, in-person meetings with clients. You will be responsible for galvanizing a large and rapidly growing sales organization to deeply understand the video landscape/our product suite & motivating them to take this knowledge into market with key clients and agencies.
- Deep understanding of the wider video advertising landscape in addition to Twitter’s Video Ad Products, and transfer this knowledge across a large sales team
- Motivate & excite internal teams to speak with new clients, pitch our new solutions & shift perceptions of Twitter in the video buyer’s mindset. Attend these meetings as the “expert” and inspire clients & sellers alike to try new solutions.
- Collaborate with the Sales teams to understand client goals & objectives, recommend best practices, identify accounts for new revenue growth, sell strategically, craft solutions and position the sales team for success.
- Help catalyze a rapidly evolving Chinese video ecosystem by identifying new ways to partner with advertisers, content creators, and agencies throughout China.
- Deliver value to Twitter Sales teams via deep product knowledge, strong analytical abilities, communication skills and subject matter expertise of brand marketing.
What success looks like:
- Drive broad adoption of Twitter’s video ad formats & cross-product buying behavior
- Exceed quarterly video product revenue targets
- Spend a large % of your time in-market with clients and agencies
- Successfully interact with a range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds, personalities and expertise
- Invent new ways of partnering with agencies, clients & publishers: find solutions that work and scale them across the market
- Increase the sales teams proficiency in selling video advertising, e.g., measured by post-training exams
- Identify core challenges to growth & collaborate across multiple stakeholders (marketing, sales, research, ops, etc) to deliver on short/mid/long term projects addressing these challenges
- BA/BSc degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant experience)
- 5-10 years of related experience in the digital or media industry with at minimum of 2 years dedicated to brand advertising
- Native or bilingual proficiency in speaking and writing in English and Mandarin essential (proficiency in Cantonese a plus although not mandatory)
- Working knowledge of Chinese advertiser and agency ecosystem
- Motivated team-player who consistently strives to exceed goals/targets and push revenue expectations
- Ability to think creatively, critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, attention to detail, and a bias for proactively resolving issues
- Self starter with an aptitude and preference for working in decentralized, collaborative global teams
- Willingness to travel
(Note: Expectation is the candidate will either have these qualifications at the start, or quickly ramp up to these abilities in a short time-frame, e.g., 6 months)
- Strong quantitative skills and/or background involving finding trends and opportunities within data
- Experience designing and leading complex, multi-stakeholder projects
- Internally and/or externally recognized thought leadership on the trends in video advertising
- Demonstrated ability to speak at large conferences and “hold a room”
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!