JVM & JDK Engineer
- Research and develop next generation garbage collection implementations
- Research and implement JVM Compiler and Runtime optimizations
- Build fast and reliable JVM performance analysis tools
- Establish performance benchmarks and metrics
- Strong programming capabilities in two or more of the following languages: C, C++, and/or Java
- Strong skills in developing and debugging multi-threaded code
- Hands-on experience in JVM development, configuration, and performance tuning
- Ability to independently lead large development efforts
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Contributions to open source projects a huge plus
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Passion for elegance and simplicity.
- You take pride in designing solutions that will outlive the problem.
- You can provide a link to your public github repo or technology blog.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!