Head of Global Business Marketing
Head of Global Business Marketing (Sr. Director)
Location: New York or San Francisco
This role heads up the Global Business Marketing team at Twitter. Twitter’s global business marketing team leverages our client and industry expertise to convey the value of Twitter to the marketers and agencies we serve and establish Twitter as an indispensable partner to our clients’ business success. Internally, we represent the voice of the client and end-customer to our key partners including sales, research, product and more. Externally, we communicate with marketing decision-makers to demonstrate the power and effectiveness of Twitter.
Overall, the Business Marketing team is responsible for marketing and messaging that helps businesses understand and embrace Twitter advertising solutions. As such, this role directs and guides a diverse group of marketers: from those focused on sales enablement and Business events targeted toward big brands and their agencies; to people focused on performance marketing, email marketing, and content marketing; to amazing storytellers that articulate the value of the Twitter audience to our customers.
Who you are:
You are first and foremost two things: (a) a creative marketer, and (b) a great people manager. This role will stretch and challenge even the most creative creative minds. Additionally, the role includes a significant people management component: managing a multi-layered team, as well as extensive interactions with various internal stakeholder groups.
What does success in this role look like?
- Create and evolve customer focused value proposition and message that wins the hearts and minds of advertisers and agencies while resonating true across the broader advertising community
- Communicate and coordinate effectively across a number of internal teams: mostly importantly, the sales team, as they’re the “internal clients” of the Business Marketing team
- Lead, mentor and continue to grow a high-performance team
- Continue to evolve and scale: as the company grows, the person who fills this role will lead the team in scaling, putting process and infrastructure in place where none previously existed and/or were needed, and overall, be the steady hand and leader
- Increase revenue globally from marketers, agencies and partners, through scalable marketing solutions that maximize effectiveness at every stage in the sales cycle
- Set the vision for and lead a sizable team that consists of marketers, events managers and editorial
- Evolve business brand positioning to integrate and align with other functions in the CMO org such as consumer brand, product marketing, and more
- Direct line management of several teams: Global marketing leads across APAC, EMEA, LATAM, and emerging markets, Industry Marketing, Events (working in partnership with our internal events team), Editorial, Marketing Operations
- Partner with Twitter’s sales, PR and product organizations to build truly inspiring communications that clearly articulate the value of Twitter to advertisers
Requirements / qualifications:
- 15+ years professional experience, with focus in advertising and marketing
- Extensive experience in people management, coaching and mentoring
- Passion and energy
- Love of creative, advertising and media
- Tireless teacher and communicator
- BA/BS degree or equivalent; fields of study in advertising, marketing or communications are a natural fit, but not limited to these. Majors in the arts, humanities, natural sciences or engineering also relevant. MBA/MS degree a plus but not required.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!