Group Product Manager - Health Measurement
Product Manager, Health Measurement
Twitter is looking for an experienced product manager to lead work defining the Health of Twitter. This leader will lead our efforts to define conversational health and information integrity on Twitter working on internal and external measurements.
Who We Are:
The Consumer Product team is responsible for the core consumer Twitter experience, from creating the new features and experiences that happen inside Twitter, to refining how Tweets are displayed on web pages across the internet. Our teams work relentlessly to help Twitter users see the best of the Twitter - whether through new features like Events, new initiatives to curb abuse & spam or applying machine learning models and algorithms to find the most interesting Tweets.
What You'll Do:
As the Product Manager for Health Measurement, you will:
- Develop a long-term roadmap for Twitter’s Health Measurement
- Define methodologies for conversational health and information integrity of Twitter (e.g., prevalence of abuse or spam on the platform)
- Work with teams of data scientists and machine learning engineers to develop these measurements and put them into practice (e.g., identifying the proper sampling methodologies)
- Create a system of measurements that can be externally audited with publicly available data that represent various definitions of Health on Twitter
- Become the company’s thought leader on Health Measurement evangelizing findings and implications for product development throughout Twitter
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineering, design, product marketing, research, comms, public policy, policy and legal to communicate findings and put them into practice
- Work with external partners to explore potential new measurements (e.g., academic institutions, think-tanks)
Who You Are:
- Worked as a data scientist and a product manager at a consumer technology company
- Experience with machine learning
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit - can take an ambiguous problem statement and then drive it to a clear roadmap with proven results
- Empathy for user problems, and an ability to distill insights into the right product answer
- Strong communication skills and experience managing input from stakeholders
- 6+ years of product management or engineering management experience with a focus on machine learning and data science
- Experience with adversarial actors, such as bots, spam, and/or fake account detection and remediation methods
- Experience working on a significant product roadmap from strategic inception to launch
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline preferred
At Twitter, we have a bold aspiration to reach every person on the planet. We believe that goal is more attainable with a team that understands and represents different cultures and backgrounds. Twitter is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to everyone, regardless of their race, color, ancestry, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran or any other legally protected status.
“San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!