Group Product Manager - Direct Messaging
Who We Are
Twitter is looking for an experienced product manager to own our Direct Messaging product.
Direct Messaging is an integral part of Twitter’s conversational product vision and directly impacts the lives of our users and success of our business. We’re responsible for building a private messaging experience that is performant, simple, and fun that enables our customers to discuss and converse with strangers and friends in a safe and secure space.
We are a collaborative and cross-disciplinary product development team. As senior product manager on our team, you will work closely with engineers, designers, user researchers, and data scientists to develop a vision for private messaging on Twitter and drive that forward.
What You’ll Do
Your goal will be to deliver a strategy and a vision for Direct Messaging on Twitter. You will be responsible for telling the story, getting your team fired up, and executing on a product roadmap that is aligned with Twitter’s goals.
Your role will be an essential one to help us build one of the core features of Twitter. You will provide guidance to user research and dig deep into data insights to come up with a compelling vision for the product. You will work closely with your tech leads and engineering managers to set clear goals and execute on a roadmap that the team is excited about.
Your role will include working directly with an engineering & design team in all facets of day-to-day software development. You will work with a variety of stakeholders, business leaders, customers and partners to evaluate new product opportunities and deliver new software.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a product manager with experience building consumer software and who’s passionate about the future of messaging and conversational UIs. This is an entrepreneurial role and an opportunity to help define a whole new set of product experiences at Twitter.
The right person for the job likely has…
- A history of building messaging products or a demonstrable passion for messaging products
- Technical depth that lets you understand and earn the respect of world-class engineers
- Experience working with designers to create useful, usable, delightful products
- Exceptionally clear and precise communication
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Deep familiarity with messaging applications and market trends
- A get-things-done attitude and willingness to put the needs of your team first to help them successfully ship new software
- BA/BS in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of product management or similar relevant experience
- Demonstrated success guiding cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ship successful software products
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!