Global Business Marketing Content Editor
Twitter Global Business Marketing’s Global Content Marketing team is responsible for the creation, amplification and scaling of brand and always-on content across our owned and operated channels to re-engage our existing customers and create reasons for Client Partners to meet. The work of this team brings Twitter to life for these key customer audiences (marketers and agencies), driving strategic value, scale and optimization.
Who we are
As part of Twitter's Global Content Marketing team within Global Business Marketing, the Content Editor will create and execute content programs for our team’s marketing flagship website marketing.twitter.com as well as take the lead on all copy-related initiatives (e-mail, promotions). You’ll take a consumer-first approach to B2B writing, turning data into a creative and compelling narrative. You’ll execute our team’s marketing strategy and tell a story that communicates Twitter’s value to marketers from brands and agencies around the globe through content that marketers will want to engage with and share.
What you’ll do
You are obsessed with Twitter and how content travels on the platform. You know what it takes to have a strong Twitter voice, and you practice what you preach. You are someone who is passionate about content, whether it’s in 280 characters or a 3000-word article. You consider yourself a social expert. As a word nerd, you love to write and tell stories. You’re also a grammar geek and can edit copy as quickly and efficiently as you can turn in clean copy of your own. You have a collaborative mindset and draw from a variety of sources or inspiration to come up with creative content ideas. You also have an understanding of the advertising landscape, specifically:
- You understand what brands are trying to achieve with their marketing
- You've either worked on campaigns or written about them
- You understand the latest marketing trends and how to communicate them to fellow marketers
- You understand the metrics that a brand or agency is looking for, and how to demonstrate true campaign results in creative and innovate ways
- You know the best campaigns out there and understand what 'best in class' looks like
- You understand the marketer mindset (and the content they click on and share)
Sound like you? In addition to all the content stuff, this role requires someone who will be able to work cross functionally with a variety of teams, including product managers, industry marketers, researchers, and comms to disseminate feedback, incorporate edits, and create the best and most interesting content to share out with the world. You'll be helping to shape Twitter's voice for business marketers and convince brands and agencies alike that Twitter is what's happening and where they should be running their biggest and best campaigns.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A track record for developing insightful, interesting content
- Impeccable writing and editing skills and a passion for storytelling
- Attention to detail
- The drive to see projects through from planning and concept development to execution and analysis
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- A proactive, problem-solving adaptable mindset and ability to deal with change and ambiguity
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage day-to-day editorial operations and calendar for marketing.twitter.com (MTC)
- Write and edit all global content for MTC and assist in the planning and execution of marketing that content across O+O channels (email, social, paid)
- Curate regional content from local versions of MTC that should be scaled globally
- Manage freelance writers and consolidate feedback from internal stakeholders
- Project management: Own the life cycle of MTC content creation, from ideation to publication
- Idea Generator: proactively pitches ideas for new content, from one-off articles to franchises and content types, videos to podcasts, always with an eye towards how these ideas can be scaled globally.
- Own the tone and brand voice for MTC and ensure consistent messaging across all O+O channels
- Minimum 5- years experience working in marketing/content at a digital, creative, or advertising agency or at a brand, or 5-8 years in a journalism or editorial role
- Previous experience speaking to a B2B audience
- Razor sharp editing skills: Can digest the Twitter voice and apply to all content, from long-form articles to email and display copy and everything in-between
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Journalism, or Communications
- Deep understanding of the marketing, media and digital advertising landscape
- Preference for a fast-paced and dynamic environment; track record working across complex cross-functional teams
- Resourcefulness, attention to detail, and comfort offering solutions and clarity where there is ambiguity
- Proficiency crafting creative, inspiring, stories that communicate complex concepts simply
- Outstanding communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills; team-first mentality
- Passion for Twitter and knowledge of how the service works and how marketers use it
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Desire to help Twitter become a vital part of clients’ marketing strategies
“We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.”
“San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!