Director of Product, Conversations
Twitter seeks a Director of of Product for Conversations. Twitter’s purpose is to serve the public conversation, and our top priority is fostering thriving, healthy, global conversation on the service. People come to Twitter to see and talk about what’s happening in the world. And it’s that talk that makes Twitter unique. The talk — the conversations — is what generates everything from hot takes on breaking news to hilarious comments about a game. It’s what allows the world to hear directly from and can talk directly with their elected leaders, players, actors, experts, CEOs, and more. It’s often the source of the news that so often breaks on Twitter, and it’s what generates global movements that change the world. As a company, we are focused on fostering this conversation, making it faster, more fluid, more fun, and more productive to help the world make progress together. As product lead for Conversations, you will report to our Vice President of Product, and will coordinate and lead our global efforts to improve the overall experience of Conversations on Twitter. You will lead and manage PMs and collaborate with Engineers, Designers and Researchers to deeply understand customer needs and ultimately deliver significant changes to the Twitter product to serve those customers, evolving how people communicate with one another on the platform. Success in this role means an increase in overall conversation on the service, and a better experience for people who come to talk about what’s happening in the world. Moreover, as a senior product leader at the company, we’ll be looking to you not just to deliver a great product for the people who use Twitter, but also to serve as a facilitator for your team who can multiply the effects of all the individuals on it, and to help us build a stronger, better company along the way.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have proven experience building and shipping a variety of consumer products with a strong track record of advocacy for the customer and forming strong teams.
Bachelor’s degree - ideally in computer science or design-related fields
You might be the ideal candidate if:
- You have a strong history delivering consumer products (8+ years) and a deep understanding of product design.
- You have worked at a global consumer-focused social media, community, or other technology company where you have managed a team of PMs for at least 2 years.
- You are dedicated to keeping the customer at the center of all product and design decisions that are made to improve the overall experience.
- You have solid understanding of engineering and technical depth that lets you understand and earn the respect of world-class engineers.
- You have experience working with designers to create useful, usable, beautiful, delightful products.
- You have excellent communication skills and excel at translating customer problems & ideas into product requirements.
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about encouraging the flow of ideas from all levels of your team.
- You facilitate thoughtful and constructive conversations between members of your team, as well as with other members of leadership.
- You are invested in the overall health and success of Twitter as a company, and know when to balance the needs of your team and the needs of the general business.
- You receive feedback openly and graciously, and deliver feedback to your team or other stakeholders in ways that are respectful and actionable.
- You are accountable and communicative when it comes to meeting deadlines and ship dates.
- You have strong relationship building and team development skills.
- You are able to lead numerous projects simultaneously under pressure and time constraints.
- You enjoy making difficult things happen, and solving the many challenges along the way.
- You have exceptional communication and writing skills.
- You are patient, determined, flexible, and open-minded.
- You have unimpeachable ethics and excellent judgment.
- Experience regarding freedom of expression issues preferred.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!