Twitter’s Curation team delivers the best content that reaches, engages and delights a large daily audience around the world across many different areas including sports, politics, entertainment, music and news.
We’re looking for a skilled curator of Twitter content to quickly and accurately identify the best Tweets, photos and videos in real-time. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of News and one or more additional mainstream content verticals, such as Sports, Politics, Entertainment, etc. and has experience collecting Tweets around a theme in those areas. This curator will use those skills to present unique content experiences in real-time to Twitter users.
This individual must also be a strong communicator, both offline and online, who is a team player and is excited to collaborate with and learn from colleagues around the world. He/she should be very familiar with Twitter’s diverse and passionate communities and users.
This position is full-time. Candidates will need to be available to work nights and weekends.
Success in this role is measured by:
- Identifying events, conversations and emerging trends on Twitter that will drive unique content experiences
- Curating live streams of Twitter content across various topics
- Weaving stories from Tweets to create compelling, narrative-driven Moments
- Working quickly and under time pressure without sacrificing accuracy
- Communicating early, clearly, and often when collaborating on short and long-term assignments with local as well as global colleagues
- Providing incisive feedback on use of internal tools
- Developing and executing strategic content plans around key events
- Work experience: 2+ years of experience working in journalism
- Deep knowledge of News and one or more additional content areas.
- Interest in or experience covering sport and/or politics desirable
- Experience curating Tweets in real-time or for publishing
- Extensive experience in using Twitter— preferably as a tool in reporting
- Experience with newsgathering tools like Tweetdeck, Dataminr for News, etc is preferred
- Education: BA/BS degree required
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!