Business Intelligence Analyst, Ad Health
Who We Are
The Strategy and Operations team is part of the global Sales Operations group. We partner with our global Customers organization and more broadly to conduct strategic projects and provide analytical insights that support Sales, advertisers and users. This role is focused on helping the Policy Operations team keep Twitter free of illegal, fraudulent, or otherwise undesirable content that may compromise brand safety and user experience, or put Twitter at risk.
As an analyst on the team, you are responsible for owning and implementing data-driven insights and measuring the efficacy of our operations and systems at mitigating risky content. You will be at the forefront of the most cutting edge policy issues happening today, and you’ll need to ensure the Policy Operations team is equipped to execute. You will also work hand-in-hand with Product, Engineering, Policy and Legal to identify and minimize areas of risk, and report out on how we’re pacing against our goals. You must be analytically and technically adept, a collaborative and passionate natural leader, and someone who can influence a highly cross-functional team. Perhaps most importantly, you must be able to thrive in a demanding, ever-changing environment where no two days are the same!
- Engage directly with Product, Engineering, Operations, Policy, and Legal to understand the drivers of served risky content on the ads platform and to prioritize roadmaps that will reduce the most risk
- Simplify complex problems and huge data sets and extract non-obvious insights
- Conduct deep dives and analytical investigations into inconsistent trends in data
- Partner with Product, Engineering, IT, and Operations teams to design, develop, and deliver robust and scalable reporting automation
- Partner with Engineering to make recommendations about how to log, store, and build data architecture for sustainable business metrics and reporting
- Measure impact of product and tooling changes on the overall health landscape
- Building Tableau dashboards that surface data into actionable insights for stakeholders and allow Operations to build processes around them
- Create and deliver impactful presentations that tell a story focused on insights
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst, ideally in tech
- Ability to create and foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience analyzing data and telling a story that helps align cross-functional leaders and execs
- Strong analytical and technical skills -- ability to write efficient queries leveraging databases such as MySQL and build dashboards in Tableau
- Strategic thinker who’s able to lift up from the analytical tasks and connect the dots to implement strategy and change
- Not afraid to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Clear and effective communicator -- lead regular metrics meetings and communicate insights to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Operate as a consultant and thought partner for the team
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!