Vice President, Global Strategy and Operations - Customers
Twitter is currently undergoing a period of significant growth, development and transformation. At this time, it is seeking an exceptional leader to lead its Global Strategy & Operations team and help Twitter increase its operational rigor and drive deep-rooted revenue growth.
As one of the most important business leaders at Twitter, this role will support all of Twitter’s Customers teams, including TCS, SSA, Emerging Business (DES & Mopub), GCP and Twitter Services.
He/She will manage a highly talented and motivated team delivering Strategy, Centralized Systems & Tools, Alignment, Learning & Development and Execution (S.C.A.L.E.) to these teams.
Reporting directly to Matt Derella, this leader will work in close partnership with functional leaders across marketing, product management, engineering, finance, corp development, and HR, as well as build and maintain key external partnerships.
The role will likely be based in New York City or San Francisco. Other US locations could also be considered.
Reports to Matt Derella, Head of Customers
- Deliver a step-function increase in operational rigor amongst the Customers organization. Examples include best in class account planning, pipelining and client engagement practices.
- Define and drive Deep Rooted Growth strategy for the Customers organization. Examples include ongoing planning process, sales strategy development & implementation.
- Build strong relationships of trust & collaboration across key Twitter functions, including Goldbird, Consumers, Sales Finance, FP&A, Marketing, People, Legal, Ads Policy. Ensure Customers teams are fully supported and empowered to deliver on their goals.
- Define, evangelize and drive long-term vision for Global Strategy & Operations team. Motivate and inspire the team, attract and retain top talent.
- Be egoless, put Twitter, its customers and partners first.
- Be passionate about people development and teaching. Be highly collaborative and communicative internally with key partners / customers.
- Given that this role requires close work with the product and engineering teams, it is important that this leader brings relevant product knowledge and an analytical approach to complex problem solving.
- Strong operational acumen, with a focus on building scalable systems that improve productivity and provide increased visibility into progress against key objectives.
- Strong management skills and demonstrated ability to hire, mentor, coach and develop a global, geographically dispersed team.
- Strong product sensibility.
- Aptitude with measurement and analytics to make decisions.
- Acts to surpass goals, seizing opportunities to innovate in order to drive results.
- Sets continually higher goals that are aggressive but realistic for self and team, geared to Twitter organizational objectives.
- Effectively frames problems, collects insightful data, identifies and objectively evaluates exhaustive set of strategic options, makes clear and concise recommendations.
- Consistently identifies opportunities to unlock value for Twitter, leveraging existing or new resources.
- Thinks two to three years ahead.
Collaborating and Influencing
- Spends time identifying all stakeholders, both internal and external, as necessary and meets or connects with all of them, neglecting no one to shape a collective consensus.
- Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives and reaches out to those people or new people.
Key Indicators of Success:
- #DeepRootedGrowth: Achievement of 2019 Customer plan goals
- #CareMore: Delivery of high NPS score with advertisers at scale
- #Drivers: Achievement of Pipeline hygiene & Kill The Gut targets
- #LoveWhereYouWork: Achievement of Pulse score higher than Customers average.
- Definition & adoption of Unified Training program focused on #StartWithThem and Sales Competencies
- Close alignment with Goldbird and Consumer EPDR teams
- Fostering of a productive office environment and culture consistent with Twitter’s values
- 20+ years of demonstrated career progression and strong performance as a senior leader.. A min of 10 years leading an operations organization.
- Facility with measurements and analytics and positioning data to illustrate impact.
- Management of a team of relevant scale to this role. Ability to attract, develop, retain and motivate top talent.
- Track-record of collaboration and influencing across a large organization to deliver to expectation
- Has excelled in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, growth business.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record, MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- Demonstrated strategic skills: Strategy or Consulting background a strong plus.
- Knowledge of mobile and internet products and technologies; well-developed product sensibility and experience leader creative discussions regarding potentially innovative, offerings
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!