User Researcher - Consumer Product, Conversation & Creation
Who We Are:
Twitter is committed to serving the public conversation by helping users stay informed, inform others and discuss what matters. The Consumer Product User Research Team has a mission to better facilitate the public conversation by radically understanding customer needs and human behavior. We pride ourselves in our ability to impact strategy and create a customer-centric product experience through partnerships with design and product development. We are a growing, innovative and collaborative team that embeds the voice of the customer in all that Twitter does.
Who You Are:
You’re a researcher with a strong, working understanding of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. You know when to engage with teams across Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing, what questions to ask, where to probe, and how to implement the most effective research strategies. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy setting your own research goals, managing load and expectations, and delivering actionable research findings and recommendations. You’re passionate about Twitter and believe great experiences are always inspired by a deep understanding of the user.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the Creations & Conversations team to understand the entire funnel of public conversations on Twitter, including discovery, consumption, participation and following along.
- Influence development of conversation and creation solutions by identifying where we should evaluate ideas, concepts and existing experiences
- Establish positive relationships with cross functional partners to help teams better understand customers and their needs.
- Partner with Design, Engineering, and Product to build in research at multiple stages of the product development process, assist the team in making critical design decisions affecting the user experience
- Proactively identify unanswered questions and or unexplored opportunities to propose research for; translate questions into a research roadmap, recommend an approach, and then execute against it.
- Conduct high quality research with a variety of methods that include both qualitative and quantitative techniques, analyze results.
- Synthesize data from multiple and sometimes disparate data sources in order to create more impactful insights and grow customer understanding
- Prioritize to reflect organizational priorities and balance company goals with user needs
- Deliver timely, actionable insights that drive product development and address research objectives
- BS, MS, or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, or related field
- 2+ years conducting user experience research and/or market research is preferred - with a good understanding of both qualitative and quantitative methods
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and tools
- Methodologies may include experimental design, log analysis, surveys, ethnographic field research, in-depth interviews, lab and remote usability testing, heuristic evaluations, card sorting
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
In accordance with U.S. immigration law, we will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!