Twitter Strategic Sourcing: Inclusion & Diversity Manager
This role will be an integral part of our Strategic Sourcing Team, and will act as the primary point of contact to coordinate and manage Twitter’s Supplier Inclusion and Diversity (SI&D) program. This position requires in-depth understanding of best in class SI&D programs and the leadership ability to build and implement these capabilities within Twitter.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to enhance Twitter’s supplier diversity program
- Serve as primary point of contact for all SI&D-related opportunities
- Work closely with the Analytics and Finance Teams to measure and report on SI&D spend and activity, by supplier, and company-wide level
- Work closely with Strategic Sourcing Teams to introduce Business leaders to qualified, capable diverse suppliers for consideration in sourcing events
- Partner with Twitter Business to communicate current SI&D spend trends, and to identify specific SI&D opportunities going forward
- Manage processes and controls to ensure our SI&D reporting is complete and accurate with respect to SI&D spend (e.g., ensure diverse suppliers are captured and accurately identified in our Procurement Systems). Subject matter owner for Supplier Relationship Management process and tools.
- Develop monthly communications plans for Twitter, reporting status and promoting Supplier Diversity
- Represent Twitter at various local and national conferences and meetings. Coordinate responsibilities and the participation of other Twitter employees and Business Units in representing Twitter at local, regional and national minority business advocacy events. Participate in SI&D matchmaking events to identify qualified candidates, and promote Twitter in the SI&D community
- Develop relationships with other SI&D professionals, in other companies, to share best practices and ideas to bolster Twitter’s SI&D program
- Develop new and innovative methods to identify and qualify diverse supplier candidates. Work across Twitter to make it simple for diverse suppliers to apply/qualify/partner with Twitter
- Evaluate and recommend Twitter’s longer-term strategy for managing and measuring second tier SI&D spend
- Perform other duties that support the success of Twitter’s SI&D efforts as requested
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Excellent organization and analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent relationship building skills (internal customers as well as suppliers)
- Experience working with Multicultural, Legal, Government Relations and other related departments
- Excellent verbal communications, report development and written presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage several projects in a fast-paced environment
- Superior problem solving skills
- Unsurpassed customer service skills and ability to build a customer-focused culture in teammates
- Perform other duties as requested
- Travel 10-25%
- BA/BS preferably with an analytical focus (Business, Economics or Engineering).
- Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity (CPSD) certification preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant experience
- Excellent relationship building and management skills
- Excellent quantitative skills with the ability to dissect problems
- Demonstrated skills in rigorous, data driven, fact-based analyses that drive creative problem solving, proposal preparation, and negotiation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Experience in sourcing or consulting
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!