Sr. Mgr., Content Business Development
Twitter is hiring for a mission-critical role to support our Content Business Development efforts. The Senior Manager, Content Business Development will lead key content business initiatives that drive new revenue for both Twitter and its Content Partners.
Sitting in the Content Partnerships organization and reporting directly to the Head of US Content Business Development, s/he will work closely across the News, Sports, Entertainment, and Lifestyle teams and cross-functional colleagues, evaluating, negotiating and implementing strategic business deals that deliver operational efficiencies and superior returns.
S/he will identify new market opportunities, anticipate potential challenges to the business and address ways to mitigate them. This is a strategic position that balances financial responsibility with content expertise, helping quantify revenue opportunities and managing contract negotiations with key partners. S/he must have a proven an ability to collaborate with internal and external constituents, representing and delivering on the priorities of the Content Partnerships organization.
This role represents an exciting opportunity for a leader with a strong media business acumen and passion for Twitter’s value proposition to its audience, partners, and advertising clients. S/he will play a meaningful role in defining content development strategies that ensure continued progress for Twitter and its media partners.
- Deliver premium Sports, Entertainment, Lifestyle, and News content to the Twitter platform which takes advantage of the real-time nature of our service, and engages the most valuable audience when they’re most receptive
- Support deal strategy and execution with the premier rights holders in the U.S., nimbly adapting to the changing media landscape
- Coordinate deal flow from concept to execution both internally and externally
- Work closely with Publisher Product to inform strategies that unlock new business opportunities
- Adopt a cross-functional approach to aligning product, sales, sales strategy, research, marketing, communications, business insights, finance, legal and others to ensure deals are successful for both Twitter and our content partners
- Lead definition and tracking of key data points and success metrics, including (but not limited to) revenue performance, conversation volume and video viewership that inform new opportunities
- Operationalize and manage deal flow to maximize advertising market and industry visibility
- BS or BA, with MBA/JD or equivalent preferred
- 8-10+ years client facing experience in media, finance, content, and/or sales partnerships
- Experience in the sports, entertainment and/or news industries, and an in-depth understanding of these verticals and the changing media landscape
- Digital advertising, business development, strategy and project management expertise
- Strong negotiation, partner management and financial modeling skills
- In-depth experience with Twitter’s promoted products and overall advertising model, understanding of our value proposition for content partners and advertisers, and passion for our platform
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally within a technology organization (product, engineering, operations, etc.)
- Ability to develop collaborative and effective working relationships at all levels of management - externally and internally - translating complex concepts into action plans and clear communications
- History of developing and executing deals that align with department, company and partner goals
- Knowledge of mobile and internet products and technologies; well-developed product sensibility and experience leading creative discussions regarding potentially innovative, unique and engaging content and product offerings
- Creative, innovative thinker who is also operationally rigorous and detail-oriented
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!