Software Engineer - Mobile Application Promotion Team
Software Engineer - Seattle MAP Team
Who We Are
We are a full-stack team with expertise in data analytics, distributed systems, and external interfaces. Our culture emphasizes creative problem solving, fast iteration and execution. This is a tremendous opportunity to help us define and implement a new architecture that will be critical to turning around our mobile app promotion product (Twitter’s bid constrained performance marketing product). We are building a dedicated MAP product and engineering team to take on end to end ownership of this system spanning the whole stack.
The MAP team will be working closely with other Twitter businesses while pulling together a world class, highly efficient, scalable and measurable offering for our advertisers. We will improve the predictability that advertisers can expect from Twitter by focusing on:
- Redesigning and rebuilding prediction models
- Stabilizing our platform
- Simplifying the product to remove the burden from advertisers as they setup various ad campaigns.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a technical, industry experienced software engineer to join a stellar team of passionate and talented engineers. You have a track record of developing simple solutions into complex problems.
- We’re looking for a key individual contributor who can drive engineering for a product that delivers reliable and trustworthy ad performance metrics to our advertisers.
- A data-driven software engineer ready to design and implement innovative new features that impact hundreds of millions of users across many platforms.
- Someone who wants to push the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology and methods - working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams.
- Someone that works best in an environment with a sense of urgency.
- BS, MS in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 5+ years experience developing large scale distributed systems
- Fluent in one or more JVM based language such as Java or Scala
- Experienced in backend systems such as data processing (realtime and batch mode), storage platforms, and service-oriented architecture
- Strong software engineering best practices (e.g. coding, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Technical capacity to dive into the different parts of the stack encompassing frontend and backend
- Likes to solve hard problems, eager to learn new things, communicates clearly and loves to work in a collaborative environment
- Plus: Experience with building products, taking them to the market and iterating and improving them over time.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!