Software Engineer - iOS, Clients
Consumer Products is responsible for bringing you all the features of Twitter to iOS. This team impacts hundreds of millions of users, which brings with it interesting product and technical challenges at that scale. We keep development lightweight and agile, make data driven decisions, and release with high quality and velocity. Come be a part of our team!
Who We Are:
Our team is all about performance. We love using the latest technologies and tools for making the highest quality and best performing mobile app on the planet. On the Twitter for iOS Fastest App team you have the opportunity to have significant ownership of and impact on the performance and quality of a mobile application that hundreds of millions of people love to use.
What You'll Do:As part of the team you'll be responsible for using your creativity, excellent problem solving and technical skills to enable Twitter for iOS to reach every person on the planet. You’ll instrument, measure, optimize and build high quality architectures and code in feature areas such as Timelines, Search, Moments, DMs and more. You’ll use your passion to help us make Twitter for iOS one of the best, and fastest apps on the App Store.
Who You Are:
You’re an experienced iOS engineer looking to solve incredibly hard technical problems, build extremely high quality software that is fast and efficient, and help move Twitter for iOS forward rapidly, all while sweating the details. You're a self-starter who excels at building performance mobile software and has a passion for making stable, smooth, efficient mobile experiences.
If this sounds like you, you probably have:
- Passion for the high quality performance code
- Deep understanding of Swift, Objective-C, and C
- Solid familiarity with the tools of the trade: Xcode, Instruments, etc.
- Technical depth that allows you to rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Experience working closely across a variety of teams including product management, interaction designers, and engineers
- A detailed approach to writing tests and quality assurance
- Advocacy of the principles of accessibility and the ability to build interfaces accessible to users with disabilities
- Knowledge of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization
- Previous experience developing iOS applications at scale.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.