Social Media Coordinator
This is a 12 month contract role based in San Francisco.
Please, San Francisco Bay Area candidates only. No relocation provided.
Twitter’s Social Media team manages Twitter’s official social presences across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. We use the handle @Twitter on Twitter to tell the story and purpose of our company, then support with our flagship vertical handles that support our people’s passions: @TwitterMusic, @TwitterMovies, @TwitterSports… The team creates content that supports the marketing strategy day in day out. This could be regular ongoing content, such as the MLS and NBA season, or bigger one off activations like the World Cup, Super Bowl, E3, and even the release of games like Red Dead Redemption 2 or Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
Who we are
The Social team is part of Global Consumer Marketing at Twitter, and we help communicate our thoughts and announcements to the world. We also help monitor conversations happening on Twitter, and even join them! We help show the fun side of Twitter, in areas that people are passionate about. We work closely with stakeholders such as Comms, Product, and executive leadership to help generate positive conversation, usage, and education of Twitter.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for monitoring conversation and managing replies where appropriate on @TwitterSports and @TwitterGaming specifically - you must have a strong knowledge and passion for sports (NBA, WWE, soccer, etc), the teams, the athletes, and the fans. And in addition you understand gaming culture, mainstream console games and esports.
You’re the first to know LeBron got traded, and you know exactly how to join the #NBATwitter conversation with the right meme. You know exactly what’s going down before each WWE PPV and can’t get enough of football… including futbol. In addition to your sports passion, you’re tapped into gaming culture and have collected every pokemon and have unlocked every character in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
You will be asked on occasion to attend shoots, events, and activations - either to Live Tweet or to help with celebrity content capture or interviewing. So US travel is part of the role. The Community Manager is a publishing role, so whilst the office hours are the standard 9-5, occasionally you will be needed out of these hours e.g. Live Tweeting along with the MLB All-Star Game or publishing a tune in Tweet for a broadcast from a partner’s live show at an evening or weekend start time.
Because of you’ll be Tweeting from corporate accounts you must be completely trustworthy. You’re not the kind of person who leaves their phone in a taxi… ever.
You are obsessed with Social Media and how to build a community and how content travels on the platform. You know what it takes to have a strong Social voice, and you practice what you preach.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong social skills. Ability to communicate thoughtfully, expertly, and engagingly across platforms
- A track record for developing insightful, interesting content
- Impeccable writing and editing skills and a passion for storytelling
- Ability to think on your feet: being able to respond to events quickly
- Attention to detail
- The drive to see projects through from planning and concept development to execution and analysis
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Responsibilities will include:
- Create daily Tweet copy for @TwitterSports and @TwitterGaming replies and community management.
- Find relevant Tweets to respond to throughout the day
- Stay on top of social memes and language, surfacing trends to share with the wider team
- Escalate any issues on the account as you see them and refer them to relevant parts of the company - e.g. Tweets from journalists, urgent customer questions, potential news stories
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in community management, having run social presences for a brand.
- Razor sharp editing skills: Can digest the Twitter voice and apply to all content
- Understanding of the marketing, media and digital advertising landscape
- Preference for a fast-paced and dynamic environment; track record working across complex cross-functional Team
- Resourcefulness, attention to detail, and comfort offering solutions and clarity where there is ambiguity
- Proficiency crafting creative, inspiring, stories that communicate complex concepts simply
- Outstanding communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills; team-first mentality
- Passion for Twitter and knowledge of how the service works and how marketers use it
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Strong organizational and time management skills
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!