Senior Quantitative User Researcher
Who You Are:
You’re an experienced researcher with a strong, working understanding of how to integrate qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. You enjoy presenting research to a crowd, and you are curious yet rigorous about survey research. You are an expert in survey and experiment design, and have a firm understanding of how different analysis methods work and when to use them.
You know exactly what questions to ask to get to the heart of an inquiry, where to probe, and how to implement the most effective research strategies. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy setting your own research goals, managing load and expectations, and delivering actionable research findings and recommendations. You’re passionate about Twitter and believe great experiences are always inspired by a deep understanding of the user.
What You’ll Do:
- Help the Quantitative Research team become the gold standard for research in the industry
- Develop robust sampling and weighting methodologies for various populations and projects including international markets
- Work with a team to develop and implement data dashboards and analysis-sharing
- Help streamline the quantitative research process via automation and standardization
- Help to develop and track quantitative measures of user experience (goals, metrics)
- Present user research to cross-functional stakeholders
- Design the appropriate approach for a wide variety of user experience questions
- Collaborate closely with qualitative researchers and data scientists
- Mentor junior researchers
- Deliver timely and tangible findings and prioritized recommendations to stakeholders
- Balance company goals and business needs with user needs
- Help product teams more deeply understand our users, brands, and developers
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Political Science, Survey Methodology, or other Social Science or related field
- Advanced knowledge of survey methodology, survey statistics
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with public speaking
- Ability to convey complex data in an accessible, fun and meaningful way to non-quantitative audiences
- Experience with applied statistics/econometrics and R, SQL, SPSS, SAS, or Python for statistical analyses
- 5+ years conducting user experience research and/or market research is preferred - demonstrated expertise in a relevant field
- Experience working with large scale data sets (logs analysis, surveys, experimental design)
- Data visualization (time-series, statistical distributions, maps, hierarchies, networks) experience a plus
- Experience with Tableau or similar platform a plus
- Experience with large data technologies Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig, Spark, Hive, or Presto a plus. Experience with Scalding a plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!