Senior Manager, Online Safety Operations
Twitter is seeking a Sr. Manager, User Operations who will be responsible for driving Safety Enforcement Operations and associated project management efforts. You will lead a team of safety enforcement analysts and specialists to launch safety policies and projects and to resolve online safety issues reported by our users. You will collaborate closely with our internal partners to understand and execute on mutual business objectives and you will also work with cross functional stakeholders to respond to online safety issues and escalations.
The position is based in San Francisco, CA.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive global strategies related to our online platform safety enforcement operations, implementing plans and overseeing the execution of strategic safety priorities.
- Lead the daily support operations and agent workforce across multiple geographies to support complex user needs, especially related to safety on the platform.
- Serve as the senior escalation point for high-profile incidents and user issues and work creatively with your team and other stakeholders to resolve them. Learn from past incidents and mitigate future ones.
- Drive the improvement in SLAs and agent workflow processes to provide timely response to users globally.
- Remove barriers to success for a high-performing global team of analysts by ensuring that growth and learning opportunities are created and taken advantage of by your team.
- Set the vision to solve complex challenges involving all aspects of safety operations on the platform.
- Develop the other leaders on your team by providing mentorship, guidance and career development.
- Serve as a voice of users for Twitter to drive improvements to platform safety.
- Work cross-functionally and globally with Trust & Safety, Product Management, Engineering, Policy, Legal, Marketing and other internal organizations across Twitter to execute and drive partnerships.
Disclaimer: You may need to review or be exposed to sensitive and potentially disturbing content including but not limited to vulgar language, hate speech, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images
Who You Are:
The successful candidate will have an established track record in managing globally distributed operations teams. In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- A proven safety and security operations leader, with a high degree of discipline along with passion for improving the consumer experience on platforms
- Experience with enforcement operations and scaling global teams
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a bias for action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences and a strong track record of delivery of large, cross-functional initiatives
- The ideal person for this role grounds their decision in data and reasoning, and looks to solve root causes of problems rather than surface issues. They will have an open mind, a natural curiosity and be humble enough to consider diverse perspectives before forming opinions
- Ability to build highly effective teams to aid in the delivery of disruptive initiatives
- 7+ years of relevant leadership experience in operations, risk, trust & safety, online safety and/or security.
- A BA/BS degree in Business Administration or Engineering. MBA is preferred, but not required
- Experience in successfully managing consumer product and platform integrations
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!