Project Manager, Human Computation
Project Manager, Human Computation
Our Twitter Services department aims to support, protect, and retain every user on the planet. Within Twitter Services, the Human Computation program partners with Product, Engineering, and Policy to train and test machine learning models. Our work directly impacts the quality and consumption of our most popular products, helping to prevent the abuse and misuse of Twitter, and to delight our ever expanding global user base.
- Drive global team goals, priorities, and initiatives to ensure accurate qualitative measurements and consistent improvement across Twitter’s user-facing product suite.
- Drive end-to-end project plans for new site build-outs, liquid workforce management, and internal tooling backlogs.
- Work directly with Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Managers to create and execute evaluations to label data to train and measure the precision of high-impact machine learning models.
- Own accountability for efficiently and effectively fulfilling end-to-end Human Computation and other content review/human evaluation needs across key internal and external partners.
- Write clear and concise documentation and obtain buy-in from leadership across a wide variety of stakeholder teams.
- Drive impactful evaluations, build strong relationships with stakeholders, and quickly deliver results.
- Review and/or process sensitive and potentially disturbing content including but not limited to pornographic images, child pornography, vulgar language, hate speech, violent threats, and other graphic images.
- Delegate labeling tasks across international and multi-vendor workforce solutions, in order to consistently exceed the expectations of our internal business partners.
- Manage onboarding, offboarding, and sensitive access privileges of global contingent workforce.
- Train, oversee, and own accountability for a 60+ person international and designated contingent team, large-scale and multilingual liquid workforce, and crowdsourced workforce.
- Create and maintain exams that test contingent worker productivity and quality across 3+ global vendor teams.
- Manage the day-to-day work of international vendor workforce.
- BA or BS in Cognitive Science, Psychology, Statistics, or a related field.
- Over 1 years of technical writing experience.
- Over 1 year direct experience with human computation, crowdsourcing, or experimental design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Active, passionate Twitter user with strong interest in social media.
- Over 2 years experience working with large data-sets.
- Over 2 years experience designing and implementing research experiments.
- Over 1 year experience working with Python and/or R for analysis of large data-sets.
- Proficiency in one or more non-English languages.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!