Program Manager - Talent Management
Who We Are:
Twitter’s mission is to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers.
We’re currently looking for a Program Manager to oversee Twitter’s Flexible Work Program, #BranchingOut (internal transfers) program, and Full-time Virtual Worker community, as part of the Global Talent Management team. The Global Talent Management team is responsible for designing, supporting, implementing, and evaluating talent management and organizational development programs and initiatives. We design programs to improve employee engagement, retention, performance, build capability and help Twitter achieve long-term success. We’re a fast-paced, action-oriented team that thrives on collaboration, leveraging cross-functional expertise, and questioning the status quo to most effectively utilize our systems and development resources.
We want every employee to grow and have an impact at Twitter.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage Twitter’s Flexible Work Program and #BranchingOut program, and the related processes and systems, to promote internal mobility and flexible work options for employees
- Exhibit principled HR judgment regarding programmatic strategies and individual decisions for the Flexible Work Program and #BranchingOut, balancing needs of employees and the business
- Provide HRBP client support to the growing Full-time Virtual Worker population to drive community, productivity, and long-term retention
- Analyze internal data and watch external trends to help inform and promote Twitter’s location strategy and workforce plan
- Create Talent Management resources, collateral, and best practices to educate and support employees, managers, and the People org
- Draft internal communications and campaigns where needed (in partnership with Employee Comms and Talent Branding)
- Collaborate across the People org (Global Mobility, Recruiting, People Systems, Employee Standards, and Legal, Diversity, etc) and business teams to assess needs and ensure global consistency and brand integrity as we deliver world-class programs
- Partner with the Change Management & People Program Manager to set and carry out project plans, escalate and solve potential roadblocks, and ensure quality and brand alignment
- Partner with our Change Influencer and office Culture Committee ambassador networks, involving these key players to drive change adoption as well as representing their voice in the design and enhancements of program strategies, communication, and training
- Work with HRBPs to ensure they are experts in our People programs and systems, involved in the development of new offerings and informed about changes or updates so they can advocate to their business partners
- Deliver measurable improvements in the effectiveness and impact of internal mobility and talent management programs through building sustainable foundations, driving transparency/accessibility, and differentiating the employee experience at Twitter
- Support ad hoc programs and projects as needed
Who You Are:
- You have an established working knowledge of HR practices and/or talent management
- You have a flair for the creative and love to build programs from the ground up, with the management skills to bring your ideas to fruition
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills and build strong relationships with all levels of staff across functions, involving the right people at the right time across the business
- You are principled in your decision-making and promote fairness, consistency, and scalability
- You ask forward-thinking, big-picture questions to help cross-functional teams come to the best solutions
- You have a proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and versatility to manage multiple projects, priorities and sometimes urgent issues successfully and simultaneously
- You’re clear about what success looks like and help bring your stakeholders along to achieve these goals
- You are detail-oriented, analytical and have a systems thinking approach to problem-solving, and understand how things affect one another in an overall system
- You are a self-starter, highly motivated, and able to shift directions quickly when priorities change
- You have an understanding of change management best practices and implementation, with a client or customer focused mentality
If this sounds like you, you probably have experience with:
- HR or Talent Development project management in a complex multi-functional and global environment
- Communicating directly with cross-functional partners, including effective conflict management, prioritizing and maintaining stakeholder requests
- Drafting communication plans, communication collateral, training and change adoption strategies
- Presenting to groups at all levels and the ability to answer questions with poise and confidence, while relating in an approachable manner
- Assisting in retrospectives, feedback gathering and data analysis to drive proactive planning for future development
- Partnering with systems and business teams to understand technical and functional requirements in order to design programs and processes within scope
- BA/BS in related area of focus (Human Resources, Management, I/O Psychology, Organization Development)
- Minimum 3-4 years experience, preferably in HR/Talent Program Management, Learning/Organizational Development, or HR Generalist/Business Partnership
- Experience with Workday and Salesforce preferred
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!