Program Manager - Safety Analysis and Investigations (SAI)
Twitter is seeking a Manager to be based in San Francisco. This position will lead Twitter’s Safety Analysis & Investigations (SAI) Team within the Twitter Services organization. This position is ideal for a motivated self-starter who is eager to serve in a hybrid role, fusing investigations, open source research, and analysis. This role will interface with Corporate Security, Legal, HR, Compliance, Trust and Safety, Public Policy, and Twitter Service.
The role requires a candidate with the ability to lead strategic projects and drive toward department and business goals, demonstrate stellar open source investigations and research skills as well as strong analytic writing and briefing skills, and the ability to synthesize complex information from various sources, and convey risk and analytical assessment data in an easy to understand manner.
- Serve as the open source research and investigations expert for the team and provide technical expertise to teammates.
- Manage projects from start to finish, including setting stakeholder expectations, maintaining team alignment, and mitigating project risks
- Produce and maintain core project artifacts including schedules, status reports and surrounding documentation.
- Navigate complex problems effectively by managing internal relationships, cross functional teams, and collision management across initiatives that span Twitter.
- Create social media monitoring triage process to identify most relevant risks.
- Define and document best practices, and contribute to company knowledge sharing efforts
- Monitor and triage threats identified by social listening tools.
- Conduct research, analyze qualitative and quantitative data, reach conclusions, and make recommendations. Utilize commercial research databases and open source investigative tools.
- Identify process and investigations gaps and work on scalable solutions.
- Assess validity and capability of risks and triage based on solid prioritization skills.
- Synthesize investigative data and findings with general trend research to provide threat/risk context for stakeholders.
- Monitor, identify, and analyze global political and security risks to determine their impact on and relevance to Twitter’s platform and users around the world.
- Providing strategic direction and define the teams' short- and long-term goals
- Scope and develop a suite of analytical products that provide insights to stakeholders across the company on topics such as: risk/threat investigations, geopolitical trends, and global conflicts.
- 5-6+ years of experience conducting open source research, security analysis, or investigations.
- Experience mentoring teammates and leading complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with social media monitoring tools.
- Experience creating and refining advanced boolean search queries.
- Significant experience conducting online and open source investigations
- Minimum educational requirement of a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Data Science, Security Management, Business, Economics, Finance, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to adapt to a unique corporate culture and effectively balance security/safety with company values
- Understanding of global geopolitical and social issues and threats to/from different regions of the world.
- Motivated self-starter who is eager to learn new security disciplines.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and help shape the strategic direction of new programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.