Product Manager, Privacy
The Twitter Consumer product team is looking for a Product Manager to work on the strategy and execution of our vision for providing transparency and control tools to our users. We are looking for a Product Manager with deep experience designing products that let users make thoughtful choices about their personal data, and with collaborative skills to work across organizations and stakeholders on user advocacy. The right candidate brings a passion for privacy, simple user experiences, operational excellence and technical rigour.
Privacy at Twitter is of the highest importance to us. We believe our users should always know what data we collect from them and how we use it, and that they should have meaningful control over both. We want to empower our users to make informed decisions about the information they share with us and do so in a user-friendly way. This Product Manager role will be integral to this effort.
What You'll Do:
As a Product Manager on Privacy:
- You will develop new privacy products and improve existing ones
- You will collaborate with a large cross-functional group with members from our Public Policy, Trust & Safety, Legal, Engineering, Design, Product Marketing, Research and Communications teams
- You will communicate product vision and priorities to internal and external partners
- You will provide input on proposed and upcoming privacy-related projects around the company
Who You Are:
- You have significant experience working on privacy products at a consumer technology company
- You have a track record of shipping end-user focused products
- You have empathy for user problems, and an ability to distill insights into the right product answer
- You have strong interpersonal skills and experience handling input from stakeholders
- 2+ years of experience working on privacy at a technology company
- 2+ years working on product development, either in a Product or Program Management role
- Experience working on a significant product roadmap from strategic inception to launch
- Ability to solve problems directly working with Engineering teams
- Proven experience leading large cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline preferred
- Legal or Policy experience an added bonus
At Twitter, we have a bold aspiration to reach every person on the planet. We believe that goal is more attainable with a team that understands and represents different cultures and backgrounds. Twitter is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to everyone, regardless of their race, color, ancestry, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran or any other legally protected status.
“San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!