Privacy Program Manager
We are looking for an experienced privacy focused operations specialist to help build and support privacy processes at Twitter. As a Privacy Program Manager at Twitter, you’ll work with team members who are passionate about privacy and data protection and growing our business in a way that makes us proud. You’ll be part of a team responsible for a wide range of cross-functional privacy and data protection projects. You’ll be working in close collaboration with teams throughout the company, and will help us to build and support scalable tools and processes to keep the data of the people that use our services safe. You must bring exceptional operations design and management experience, solid understanding of privacy and data protection principles, as well as creativity, to your daily role. You should have a track record of collaborating and thriving in a fast-paced team environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a cross-functional champion for privacy and data protection.
- Respond to internal and external privacy and data protection inquiries.
- Help find creative ways to improve the way we triage and respond to inquiries.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver best in class privacy and data protection training initiatives across the company.
- Identify and implement operational improvements to embed privacy and data protection in the way teams work at Twitter.
- Support adoption of operational processes through discussion and coordination with product and engineering teams, and other stakeholders across the company.
- Work with legal and other teams to review and track privacy and data protection compliance through project lifecycles.
- Contribute to strategic planning and roadmapping for development efforts
- Support and manage various one off projects.
Who You Are:
- You are a self-starter who works well with minimal supervision, but shows excellent judgment about when to look to managers and teammates for guidance, and when and how to communicate with diverse stakeholders.
- You are team player with a proven track record of building cross-functional relationships.
- You are detail and process oriented and enjoy problem solving.
- You have excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- You get things done!
- 5+ years of work experience on privacy or technology law, policy, programs, or other related field.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Policy, Political Science, Computer Science or related field. Non-lawyer role but recovering lawyers more than welcome.
- Experience in online privacy or related field.
- Proven track record of breaking down processes and identifying key pain points in order to deliver business improvements at local, regional and global levels.
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups to set objectives and produce results.
- Experience managing, organizing, and coordinating projects and process-improvements in a program.
- Languages skills; French and Spanish required.
“We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.”
“San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!