People Analyst, Reporting & Insights
Who We Are
Twitter is the window to the world. Our mission is to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. We believe the open exchange of information can be a compelling force for good in the world, and have built Twitter to be the real-time public platform for authentic voices, conversations, and ideas. That is what makes Twitter unique.
The People Analytics team’s vision is to lead in insights that enable Twitter to attract, hire, engage, and retain the people who will carry Twitter forward. In this role, you will serve as an active partner across the People organization to perform research and analyses. Some research projects include optimizing employee attraction and selection, performance management, career development, employee engagement, diversity, compensation, and retention. You’ll also help develop and refine people processes to make an extraordinary workplace even better. You should have strong quantitative skills and experience working across a variety of people areas.
Who You Are:
You are an excellent teammate who enjoys analyzing and interpreting data to provide action-oriented insights. You are able to apply your expertise to proactively suggest high-impact improvements and partner with multiple teams to make recommendations to improve the business. You are detail oriented and always uphold a high level of data integrity in your analyses and findings. When you hit roadblocks you get creative by seeking out innovative solutions. You have a passion for learning and sharing your knowledge. You remove barriers that block collaboration, putting people first while balancing business priorities.
- Apply your expertise in people research, quantitative analysis, and data visualization to help identify and clarify critical people issues
- Partner with engineering groups to drive data quality, improve data availability and data reliability
- Gather, analyze and document business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications
- Work on data mapping and data gap analysis required as part of the development process
- Design, develop, test and productionize interactive Tableau dashboards.
- Define and teach best practices in Tableau reporting
- Manage user permissions within Tableau
- Develop quantitative models to help leaders understand people issues and recommend actionable results
- See beyond the data to identify solutions that will raise the bar for all things people-related
- Improve organizational health by creating visualizations of data that facilitate business understanding, insight, and decision-making
- BA/BS degree or local equivalent required. Preferred degree in statistics, mathematics, engineering or data analytics (quantitative field)
- 3+ years of data analysis/reporting, visualization, and dashboard creation (HR data experience preferred)
- Advanced proficiency in Tableau (our dashboarding tool)
- Proficient in managing and analyzing structured and unstructured data using tools such as R or Python
- SQL experience for data extraction, manipulation and analyses; including stored procedures, complex joins, creation of views, and database scripting
- Experience handling large scale, unclean, semi-structured or unstructured data
- Strong project management abilities, with a consistent record of being able to lead multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to successful completion
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Master's degree or higher in STEM, Physics, or other similar related discipline
- Current Tableau certification
- Strong quantitative analytical experience, including hands-on and background in statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression analysis), data mining, various modeling and predictive techniques, and machine learning algorithms
- Experience developing tools, conducting empirical research, practical implementation, knowledge of best practices in at least three of the following areas: employee selection, employee engagement, performance management, diversity, or retention.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.