Marketing Analytics Lead
Marketing Insights & Analytics Team | San Francisco, CA
Twitter’s Market Insights & Analytics team is seeking a Marketing Analytics Lead to join its Consumer Insights function.
This position is based in San Francisco.
Who We Are
Our team is tasked with understanding the perceptions, needs and behaviors of our users and those of consumers more broadly in order to inform Twitter’s marketing campaigns and strategies, position our product and feature launches for success and measure the impact of these efforts in the marketplace. We work with a diverse set of internal stakeholder teams around opportunities for growth. We are a high-performance function leveraging the best of established research techniques as well as advanced analytics, user experience research and marketing science in our work.
What You’ll Do
Twitter is seeking an analytics leader skilled in paid media measurement and marketing analysis to join the Market Insights & Analytics team. You will help us build out our capabilities in integrated marketing campaign measurement and analysis, working with large datasets across multiple channels and consumer touchpoints. Combining hands-on technical skills with a business and marketing mindset, this position works closely with the performance and lifecycle marketing teams and will play a key role in driving establishment of KPIs, attribution and lifetime value of media and marketing initiatives.
- Work with internal marketing partners to identify key success metrics and measurement methodologies and to set goals for integrated marketing campaigns
- Recommend measurement and reporting methodologies for digital and nondigital media (DOOH/OOH, print, TV/broadcast) and work with partners (incl. potential external vendors like multi-touch attribution firms) to implement
- Inform channel and media strategies to help marketers maximize effectiveness for media and delivery against campaign-level goals
- Develop comprehensive measurement plans, dashboards and standardized reporting for key metrics
- Integrate learnings from media metrics, marketing research related to the campaign, and behavioral measurement into a complete understanding of campaign performance
- Interpret and analyze (large) datasets to provide insights and recommendations on top of the numbers including key trends and predictive analysis
- Co-develop experiments with internal partners and analyze results
- Recommend appropriate tools or resources to improve capabilities
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with media planning, digital campaigns and/or advertising media is required
- Background in data science, marketing science, statistics or modeling required
- Must bring a business and marketing mindset as well as the ability to extrapolate key findings and recommendations to impact business outcomes
- Proven track record building out and leading digital measurement and analytics capabilities
- Strong experience with media measurement and attribution for both digital and non-digital channels
- Skilled in querying and working with large structured and unstructured data stores
- Skilled in writing and interpreting complex SQL queries, Python or other programming languages
- Familiarity with MapReduce frameworks desirable
- Experience with data visualization/dashboarding tools, e.g. Tableau a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills to convey complex concepts and analyses effectively at various levels of detail
- Bias towards action
- Advanced degree desired; minimum of Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in analytics, data science, statistics or data modeling or equivalent work experience
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!