Manager, Brand Strategy
Twitter reflects what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about. Whether a brand is launching a product, promoting its brand story, or jumping into discussions about what matters most, Twitter is the best way to connect with the most valuable audience, when they’re the most receptive.
The Twitter Brand Strategy Team is a global team of marketers, creatives, innovators, and producers. We are endlessly curious, passionate collaborators that care deeply about bringing both fresh solutions and measurable results to our clients. We are embedded and indispensable partners to the sales org and use our deep knowledge of marketing, digital advertising (including mastery of Twitter), and brand-knowledge to influence and deliver outstanding creative and strategic solutions.
Partnering with the top brands in the world, we build ideas that are audience-led, insights-driven, measurable, on-brand, and ultimately lead to a memorable and seamless experience for the end-user. The team is tasked with both “thinking big” and “thinking pragmatically” on behalf of advertisers.
We care about the user experience and design creative solutions that will be useful and delightful for them while also delivering against brands’ objectives/KPIs. We aren’t here for fluff creative or to win awards (although we certainly do!), we are here to generate compelling creative ideas and consultation, rooted in a strategic understanding of brands and Twitter.
What You’ll Do
You will be an embedded senior-level partner to the sales team, dedicated to driving business through both creative and strategic thinking and outputs. You will leverage your experience as a marketer, thought leader, and people leader to oversee all elements of the creative process from ideation to pitch through execution. Both as a player and as a coach.
This role involves working directly with teams within Brand Strategy (Innovation, Production) as well as across Twitter (Sales, Research, Content Partnerships, Niche, Legal). You will be looked to as the center of excellence for how to creatively drive business forward - both through work directly tied to your account(s) as well as through the impact of your team, which will be specifically focused on the Retail, Financial Services, Travel, and Mobile Apps business.
Your ability to leverage business acumen behind the scenes will be as important as your ability to “stand and deliver” presentations to C-Level audiences.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Create and sustain a track record and commitment to developing creative marketing programs that achieve brand objectives, are executed seamlessly, and deliver measurable results.
- Be an embedded partner to sales teams - specifically focused on the Retail, Financial Services, Travel, and Mobile apps verticals- both reactively and proactively working to drive business forward.
- Manage a team of Brand Planners/Strategists - serving as a coach and mentor.
- Drive operations for your team including tracking and qualifying requests from Sales, providing approvals for resources, and reporting success metrics to leadership.
- Represent Twitter as a thought leader and leaned-in partner in client and agency settings, as well as at industry events.
- Bias to yes and ability to establish mutual trust. Demonstrate success working cross-functionally.
- Play for the front of the jersey - you see your success as inextricably tied to the team’s and your report’s success. You’d rather see others’ names in lights than your own. You do what is right for the business.
- Sharp business acumen and professional maturity. Self-starter that has a relentless passion for knowing more and doing their best work, balanced with deep respect for the skills that others bring to the table.
- Creative energy and drive to think outside of the box. Leads ideation and brainstorming sessions internally and externally that extract fresh thinking from attendees and results in actionable next steps.
- Storyteller: You don’t compile slides - you know the client’s challenge and develop a narrative that makes them feel heard, delivers against their objectives, and illuminates Twitter’s creative potential and measurable value.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a Senior-level Brand Strategist that excels at crafting human-centric ideas. The ideal candidate is a doer, a coach, a creative thinker and an operations wiz. This candidate can light up a room with their strategic thought, collaborative energy, and drive to do what’s best - for our clients and the business. They understand how to help clients sell their offerings (goods & services) through Twitter solutions.
Success in this role means:
- Taking an empathetic approach to cross-functional partnership.
- Utilizing a unique hybrid of marketing and business acumen, raw creative ability, and operational excellence
- Motivating and inspiring a distributed team of high-performers
- Staying ahead of marketing trends across Retail, Financial Services, Travel, and Mobile apps.
- Fostering team growth by serving as an inspiring manager that leads by example, listens, and is a safe sounding board while not shying away from tough development challenges/on-going feedback.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/BS degree, MBA or related Master’s a plus
- 10 - 15 years marketing experience in a brand/agency (media or creative), media sales support, integrated marketing, consulting or publisher function
- Deep expertise in social media platforms, and demonstrated experience in Twitter as a user and as a marketer
- Experience and passion for working with Retail, Financial Services, Travel, and/or mobile app brands
- Fluency in marketing and deep understanding of vertical specific brand KPIs
- Deep, long-standing track record of managing large, distributed teams of people as well as leading operational responsibilities across large organizations
- Ability to coach, build and empower a distributed team without getting in their way
- Consult and inspire, knowing how to bring ideas to the table
- Knowledge of and empathy for the sales process
- Demonstrated ability to balance the need for quick turnaround with longer-term strategic efforts
- Driven and solution-oriented and can overcome obstacles to drive projects through to completion
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Travel to distributed offices, ensuring all team members are supported (by you, their manager, and all supporting functions)
- Comfortable presenting to large groups
“We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.”
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!