Legal Policy Operations Agent with Turkish
Who we are
The teams in Twitter’s Trust & Safety (T&S) department are on the front lines of safety, speech, and policy issues that affect the Internet. We work to ensure user trust, protect user rights, and mitigate legal risk through policy definition, Terms of Service enforcement, and safety advocacy. We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our policies and ourselves.
What you’ll do
- Twitter’s Trust & Safety department seeks a detail-oriented, dedicated person to join our Legal Policy team in Dublin. The Legal Policy team is responsible for processing sensitive global legal requests, such as court orders or requests for user data, from start to finish including document intake, logging, analysis, processing, and follow-up. If you're analytical, goal-oriented, focused, and have a knack for handling multiple tasks efficiently, apply today!
- You will handle global legal requests to remove content on the Twitter services. This role will mostly focus on Turkish removal requests, however, work on other global markets will also be required. You will work closely with Legal Policy team members in San Francisco, Ireland, and Singapore to prioritize requests and make the team’s operations more consistent.
- Legal Policy team members also serve on an on-call rotation, working closely with other members of Trust & Safety to provide timely responses to requests from all over the world.
- Experience in reviewing, documenting, and tracking legal requests is preferred. You will be responsible for supporting your team in making sure requests are processed and tracked in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
Who you are
- You have a passion and enthusiasm for protecting user privacy and freedom of expression
- You are an excellent communicator and will maintain open, thorough, and regular communication with teammates and cross-functional teams
- You are detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks in a dynamic work environment, even when they are sometimes monotonous
- You are a keen decision maker, self-motivated, and a team player
- You are flexible and can adjust accordingly to ensure team efficiency and deliverables are met
- You are able to spot anomalies or unusual patterns in requests you handle
- You are at ease with providing clear and concise responses to time-sensitive requests
- You deliver consistently high-quality work
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Perseverance, determination, and grit
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work effectively
- Multilingual, complete fluency in English & Turkish
- This role requires weekend coverage (standard schedule: Tuesday-Saturday)
- Prior experience at a tech company
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education/experience
- Additional fluency in other languages is preferred
NOTE: telecommuting is not an option; this is a full-time role in Dublin. Please be sure to specify all languages and level of fluency in your application/resume.
NOTE: this role may require that you are exposed to sensitive or graphic content from time to time, including but not limited to: vulgar language, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!