LATAM Litigation Counsel
Come join Twitter’s growing Legal team as our Latin America counsel focused on litigation issues based in our São Paulo, Brasil office.
You'll be responsible for managing new and ongoing litigation in the region as well as advising on law enforcement matters.
You will be required to work independently as well as part of various teams and take on projects in addition to the ‘day job’.
We're looking for a highly motivated lawyer who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Oversee Twitter litigation docket across Latin America
- Advise on law enforcement related issues
- Work cross functionally with the US legal team on setting the litigation and law enforcement strategy for the region
- Manage outside counsel relationships
- Advise on other matters depending on aptitude and what comes up
- Bachelor's Degree in Law required with strong academic record
- The candidate should have 5+ years of in house or law firm litigation experience
- Prior experience with technology or Internet companies
- Experience at providing timely and helpful legal guidance
- Entrepreneurial mindset; flexible and hard working
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in a company experiencing rapid growth.
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision, but shows excellent judgment about when to look to managers and teammates for guidance.
- Work effectively in cross-functional, geographically diverse, multi-cultural teams and is open-minded and inclusive
- Able to quickly assess emerging situations and develop practical options to respond which display legal knowledge, common sense, and sound judgment.
- Communicate clearly orally and in writing to legal and non-legal audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be fluent in English (orally and written)
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!