Come join Twitter’s growing Legal team as our legal counsel for the Spanish-speaking countries in Latin America based in our Mexico City, Mexico office.
You'll be responsible for a wide range of legal matters that arise in Twitter’s Spanish-speaking Latin America business (LATAM). You’ll work on important legal and commercial matters between Twitter and its partners, customers, advertisers, vendors, employees and users.
You will collaborate closely with Legal team colleagues in LATAM, US and worldwide, as well as with business leaders and supporting functions including Finance, Sales, HR, Public Policy and a variety of other teams, advising on legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to Twitter’s businesses in the region. You will be required to work independently as well as part of various teams and take on projects in addition to the ‘day job’.
We're looking for a highly motivated lawyer who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad, generalist responsibilities, but with specialist legal subject matter skills in commercial law. You'll need to bring negotiation and drafting smarts, business sense and a fun and flexible personality because you'll be dealing with multiple functional teams in a rapidly scaling business.
- Providing generalist legal support to the business in Spanish-Speaking countries in Latin America primarily focused on Mexico.
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting sales, partner, supplier, contractor and other commercial agreements.
- Advising on various other regional legal matters, including litigation, law enforcement, intellectual property, privacy, content regulation, consumer protection, safety and advertising laws and regulations.
- Supporting strategic initiatives as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Law required with strong academic record
- The candidate should have 5+ years relevant post-qualification experience as a qualified Mexican attorney.
- Experience at providing timely and helpful commercial and legal guidance
- Entrepreneurial mindset; flexible and hard working.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in a company experiencing rapid growth.
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision, but shows excellent judgment about when to look to managers and teammates for guidance.
- Work effectively in cross-functional, geographically diverse, multi-cultural teams and is open-minded and inclusive
- Able to quickly assess emerging situations and develop practical options to respond which display legal knowledge, common sense, and sound judgment.
- Communicate clearly orally and in writing to legal and non-legal audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be fluent in English (orally and written)
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!