Intellectual Property Counsel
Full-Time — San Francisco, CA
We are looking for an experienced attorney to work on various aspects of our intellectual property program. You’ll be working in close collaboration with various functions in the company, within and external to the Legal Department. You must have significant experience managing an international trademark portfolio. You must have experience evaluating and advising on copyright matters. You must bring exceptional business judgment and creativity to your daily role and, furthermore, have a track record of collaborating and thriving in a fast-paced team environment.
- Supervise and conduct prosecution and enforcement of trademarks and copyrights.
- Conduct trademark and copyright clearance searches.
- Diligence trademark requests/demands from third parties.
- Contribute to and help implement an IP acquisition strategy.
- Manage budget for IP-related expenses.
- Advise and educate internal teams on IP-related issues.
- Work various other IP matters depending on desire, aptitude, and what comes our way.
- At least 4 years of in-house or law firm experience.
- Experience registering trademarks and enforcing against misuse.
- Experience evaluating third party rights under trademark and copyright law.
- Solid understanding of technologies and issues related to social networking.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn IP licensing.
- Proven collaborator.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- California Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to apply for/maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar).
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!