The People Standards & Relations at Twitter is responsible for employee-facing policies, HR compliance, and the investigation and remediation of significant employee concerns. We are dedicated to helping Twitter maintain a fair, inclusive, and cohesive workplace.
This role - HR Analyst - will manage the day-to-day process for responding to requests for reasonable accommodation (or its equivalent) for employees around the globe. The HR Analyst will also support the team’s efforts to maintain up-to-date employee policies and provide ongoing resources to HR stakeholders and managers so that those policies can be understood and implemented consistently. This position reports to the People Standards & Compliance Lead.
Who We Are
Twitter provides the power to share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. We aim to make a difference in the world, do great work, and grow professionally while doing it. We hire the best people and help them #BeBetter through unique growth and development opportunities. Internally, we are tackling the toughest people challenges through smart analytics, innovative programs, and extraordinary perks and benefits.
Who You Are
You are an experienced HR professional, with a proven track record in managing the needs of both employees and the business. You are well-versed in federal, state, and local employment law in the US, and have a curiosity to explore similar legal frameworks outside the US. You have a demonstrated ability to maintain the privacy of employee information and demonstrate respect and empathy for employees of all levels, as well as a strong ability to prioritize tasks, manage time effectively and work on multiple projects in parallel. You have outstanding communication skills and experience working in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the end-to-end reasonable accommodation process, from the initial intake with employees, through the interactive process, to documentation and analysis of Twitter’s reasonable accommodation decisions.
- Maintain all documentation and, together with Employment Legal, ensure all decisions are consistent with FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, etc.
- Partner with the People Standards & Compliance Lead and Employment Legal to reach the appropriate reasonable accommodations, with an eye towards fair and consistent results.
- Create and iterate on written resources aimed for HR Business Partners, managers, and additional COEs, focusing broadly on employee policies and compliance practices
- Assist with the analysis of HR practice reviews around the globe
- Assist with the compilation of key data - both quantitative and qualitative - and the creation of reports to key stakeholders
- Maintain regular communication with employees, internal stakeholders, and external vendors
- BA in Human Resources Management or equivalent education/experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, specifically including reviewing requests for reasonable accommodation and maintaining appropriate documentation
- Strong foundation in applicable employment laws and policies at the local, state, and federal level.
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written; proven ability to communicate complex policies and processes to employees of all levels
- Strong skills in both Google applications and the Microsoft Office suite
- Prior experience working in a technology company or similarly fast-paced professional environment
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM certifications are a bonus
- Experience with Wordpress, Confluence, JIRA and AEM applications are a bonus
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!