Executive Creative Director
Twitter’s Creative #Studio is a team that builds, designs, explores, and champions the essence, voice and feel that brings Twitter to life in our marketing and communications. The Executive Creative Director of the Creative #Studio at Twitter will oversee the visual and written expression of the brand in three key areas: product launches, major brand initiatives and campaigns, and core web properties. The position will report into the VP of Global Marketing and be tasked to lead and develop innovative and creative design solutions for assigned brand projects in partnership with the consumer and business marketing global teams.
We are looking for an inspiring creative leader who can be the foremost champion for Twitter brand and bring us to life on and off of the Twitter platform:
- The Executive Creative Director will lead projects from conception through execution, partnering with several other cross functional teams to develop compelling and effective design solutions.
- They will lead team and individual ideation and concept initiatives to continue the scaling of the global brand. They will influence and evolve the design and creative development process.
- They will also interact with appropriate resources to plan and monitor the process in order to meet specified needs and resolve identified issues. The ECD will lead the creation of innovative communication, while working responsibly within project time frames and budget parameters.
- In addition, they will maintain knowledge of current trends, relevant to the design discipline.
- The ECD will lead a matrixed team of Creative Directors, Art Directors, producer and other designers and engineering teams that are responsible for environment designs, strategic integrated branding, advertising, events and other brand experience projects globally.
- Know the insides and out of all team projects to ensure design solutions are on strategy and deliverables are met on time and with high level of quality.
- Lead projects from concept through completion.
- Drive close collaboration with internal creative team leaders and help contribute to operational processes and workflow as team scales globally.
- Bring a high level of design standards, practice and aesthetics to all design solutions and executions.
- Know design holistic strategies and solutions across all mediums.
- Possess good communication skills to build partnerships with internal marketing teams.
- 15+ years of creative studio experience with 5+ years in a CD leadership or management role at a top branding agency, advertising agency or with a consumer technology brand.
- Experience leading a 20+cross-functional team of designers, photographers, videographers and writers to achieve excellence.
- Ability to direct visual design that organizes information and guides people through tasks.
- Experience creating style guides used by both internal and external partners.
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization — from individual contributors to executive staff.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects at once and comfortable with tight deadlines.
- Previous experience as a leader in a technology company a plus.
- Global experience desired.
- Expertise managing budgets and production preferred.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!