Director/Sr. Manager Strategy & Operations, Health
Who We Are
Twitter’s top priority is addressing the Health of the Platform, which we define as our efforts towards making Twitter feel safer for our customers and ensuring the information shared is of the highest quality. The Strategy & Operations function works closely with the product development leadership of the Health team to shape the strategic direction of our Health efforts, drive the operational excellence and deliver results through flawless execution, for the company’s top priority.
What You’ll Do
- Reporting to the lead of Consumer Product Strategy and Operations, you will be the point person (individual contributor) dedicated on the Health initiative to work with the Health product development leadership.
- Set annual and quarterly OKRs (Objective & Key Results) for our Health efforts.
- Run all quarterly and annual planning processes including all offsites and cross-functional leadership gatherings.
- Identify cross-functional dependencies, prioritize resource investment and drive organizational focus.
- Track progress through setting up the right cadences and report progress against OKRs to teams, cross-functional stakeholders, Twitter leadership and the Board.
- Work with a large number of cross-functional stakeholders such as Product, Engineering, Design, User Research, Trust & Safety, User Services Orgs.
- Run strategic initiatives, putting in place strong project controls for high quality and timely delivery.
- Comfortable seeking shaping solutions to nebulous and complex problems and drive alignment with a large number of teams, but not get drowned in consensus-driven decision making.
- Deal with escalations that are at times high profile in nature, often in the public eye, demanding executive attention, but remain calm and level headed to bring about a quick resolution.
- Identify root cause and troubleshoot people, process, technology issues that constrain teams from making progress and be “hands-on” in facilitating the required conversations and be a trusted advisor to leadership on changes that are needed.
- Think systematically in putting in place processes that can scale and sustain a large cross-functional organization.
- Draw insights from qualitative and quantitative analysis, synthesize summaries and make recommendations.
- Create compelling presentations to effectively communicate complex issues to to the executive team and to external stakeholders.
Who You Are:
At Twitter, we believe that passion and personality matter. We are seeking someone who is passionate about the nascent Health space. You will be counted on as the trusted advisor to the Health leadership organization and a driving force, who can roll your sleeves up to do whatever it takes to make progress towards Twitter #1 objective. We’re looking for a veteran who is intensely passionate about technology, exhibit a can-do attitude and approach their work with vigor, determination and a sense of fun. You should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and deal with the stresses and tensions of a high profile area. Understands how to work directly with a large number of cross-functional stakeholders and can take differing perspectives and take teams towards a unifying direction.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Confident in technical conversations with Software Engineering and Product teams
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s Degree.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver.
- Comfortable to work in ambiguity with a bent towards fast execution and iteration.
- Project management mindset on task execution.
- Experience in industry or in management consulting in approach to identify and build business strategy.
- Facilitation experience and the ability to lead programs such as strategy planning sessions.
- Experience working across multiple functions/ business units, influencing and collaborating with others to successfully implement programs
- A former Engineer or Product leader that has worked directly with Engineering, Design, User Research, Trust & Safety, User Services Orgs.
- Experience in Social platform Heath space, in an industry or management consulting role, with MBA is a big plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!