Data Protection Counsel
We are looking for an experienced privacy and data protection attorney to join the Twitter Office of Data Protection charged. We make sure that Twitter complies with global data protection laws. You need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities. Legal smarts are required but you need to have a keen business sense, a strong work ethic, and a good personality. You must have the ability to operate independently and work proactively with teams across the organization. Experience advising or working on privacy and data protection issues as it relates to internet and technology companies is required.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a cross-functional champion for privacy and data protection.
- Refine and scale privacy and data protection compliance processes.
- Work on regulatory investigations and responses.
- Play a key part in data protection impact assessments.
- Support the team’s role with respect to incident responses.
- Provide legal support and guidance on privacy and data protection inquiries from users.
- Respond to internal and external privacy and data protection inquiries.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver best in class privacy and data protection training initiatives across the company.
- Work with legal and other teams to review and track privacy and data protection compliance through project lifecycles.
- Support and manage various one off projects.
Who You Are:
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters and technologies.
- You are a self-starter who works well with minimal supervision, but shows excellent judgment about when to look to managers and teammates for guidance, and when and how to communicate with diverse stakeholders.
- You are team player with a proven track record of building cross-functional relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to complete several simultaneous projects on a deadline.
- Detail oriented with excellent writing skills.
- You get things done!
- At least 4 years of legal experience, including supporting and advising businesses on privacy and data protection related concerns, ideally with both a law firm and / or within a fast-paced technology, media, advertising agency, or Internet company.
- Experience implementing global privacy and data protection requirements including for example data mapping, DPIAs, and various compliance records.
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth.
- J.D. and California Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to apply for/maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California).
- CIPP certification not required but preferred.
- Language skills not required but a big plus.
“We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.”
“San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!