Who We Are
Twitter reflects what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about. Whether a brand is launching a product, promoting its brand story, or jumping into discussions about what matters most, Twitter is the best way to connect with the most valuable audience, when they’re the most receptive.
The Twitter Brand Strategy Team is a global team of marketers, creatives, innovators, and producers. We are endlessly curious, passionate collaborators that care deeply about bringing both fresh solutions and measurable results to our clients. We are embedded and indispensable partners to the sales org and use our deep knowledge of marketing, digital advertising (including mastery of Twitter), and brand-knowledge to influence and deliver outstanding creative and strategic solutions.
Partnering with the top brands in the world, we build ideas that are audience-led, insights-driven, measurable, on-brand, and ultimately lead to a memorable and seamless experience for the end-user. The team is tasked with both “thinking big” and “thinking pragmatically” on behalf of advertisers.
We care about the user experience and design creative solutions that will be useful and delightful for them while also delivering against brands’ objectives/KPIs. We aren’t here for fluff creative or to win awards (although we certainly do!), we are here to generate compelling creative ideas and consultation, rooted in a strategic understanding of brands and Twitter.
What You’ll Do
You will be an embedded partner to the sales team, dedicated to driving business through both creative and strategic thinking and outputs. You will leverage your experience as a marketer, thought leader, and people leader to oversee all elements of the creative process from ideation to pitch through execution. This role involves working directly with teams within Brand Strategy (Innovation, Production) as well as across Twitter (Research, Content Partnerships, Niche, Legal). You will be looked to as the center of excellence for how to creatively drive the business forward - both through work directly tied to your flagship accounts as well as through scaled initiatives that deliver value across the org. Your ability to leverage business acumen behind the scenes will be as important as your ability to “stand and deliver” presentations to C-Level audiences.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Sustain a track record and commitment to developing creative marketing programs that achieve brand objectives, are executed seamlessly, and deliver measurable results.
- Represent Twitter as a thought leader and leaned-in partner in client and agency settings, as well as at industry events.
- Be an embedded partner to sales teams, both reactively and proactively working to drive the business forward. Have a ‘Bias to yes’ and an ability to establish mutual trust.
- Demonstrate success working cross-functionally to build internal relationships that translate into meaningful outputs (scaled materials/processes that benefit the team), and show an ability to influence and drive to consensus.
- Play for the front of the jersey - you see your success as inextricably tied to the team’s and your report’s success. You’d rather see others’ names in lights than your own. You do what is right for the business.
- Sharp business acumen and professional maturity. Self-starter that has a relentless passion for knowing more and doing their best work, balanced with a deep respect for the skills that others bring to the table.
- Creative energy and drive to think outside of the box. Leads ideation and brainstorming sessions internally and externally that extract fresh thinking from attendees and results in actionable next steps.
- Storyteller: You don’t compile slides - you know the client’s challenge and develop a narrative that makes them feel heard, delivers against their objectives, and illuminates Twitter’s creative potential and measurable value.
- Develop deep expertise in assigned industries to identify scalable insights and solutions that can apply to more than just the top advertisers.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a Brand Strategist that excels at crafting human-centric ideas. The ideal candidate is a doer, a creative thinker and can light up a room with their strategic thought, collaborative energy, and drive to do what’s best - both for our clients and the business.
Signs you could be successful in this role:
- Passion for understanding audiences. You consider yourself part anthropologist, sociologist, data scientist, and investigator, hyper-driven to uncover what makes audiences tick.
- Insights Driven. You’re never done asking ‘why’ and are relentless in the pursuit of simple human truths that ground and influence every part of a strategic solution or idea. You know the difference between data and insights.
- Focus on Impact. You thrive in finding ways to think big and work smartly. You’re both creative and pragmatic. You have confidence developing and presenting work that is provocative and buzz-worthy, while also delivering against complex measurement models.
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 6-8 years experience in digital media and marketing at an ad agency, on the client side, at a tech co/platform, or with a media company (multi-disciplinary experience preferred)
- Deep knowledge of Twitter - as both a user and as a marketer
- Experience leading and managing clients, accounts, and small teams of people
- Experience in building creative digital media and sponsorship programs at scale that drive brand awareness and high user engagement
- Cross-functional experience, working across a variety of teams including (but not limited to) sales, product, engineering, communications, business development, and media
- Deep understanding of Twitter's promoted products and overall advertising model
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!