Brand Strategist, Japan (Tokyo)
The Brand Strategy team at Twitter works with the world’s top brands and their agencies to develop creative marketing activations. Brand Strategists are senior-level marketers, creative visionaries, and strategic thinkers who create measurably effective solutions that meet client objectives, while leveraging the unique attributes of the Twitter platform and the behaviors of our users. Brand Strategists work directly with planners, designers, and technical producers to collaborate with Twitter’s Sales team on program with tailored list of strategic accounts. The ideal candidate is ambitious and seeks a challenging work environment, motivated by a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment.
Success in this role means:
- Developing creative concepts that meet client objectives, are executable, measurable, and most of all are appropriate for the target audience(s) in a given country or region
- Collaborating with creative and technical colleagues to develop, test, incubate, execute, and measure business-driving ideas for specific brand clients
- Communicating the unique value of user experiences built on the Twitter platform using insights, ideas, and implementation / demonstration
- Leading and facilitating a collaborative strategic and creative team by inspiring, listening to, editing, and molding the direction of the work
- Helping the sales teams by providing creative marketing solutions to drive Twitter’s business, becoming a valued resource to clients and their agencies who see you as a key advisor
- Effectively working cross-functionally, building relationships with a number of internal teams, from product to legal to communications and media partnerships so we can jointly create and publicize amazing work on the platform
- Leading the creation compelling decks and idea storylines, meeting with executive-level clients, and helping to produce brand initiatives on the platform
- Presenting insight and narrative-driven activation ideas to clients, agencies, and partners
- Identifying, building and maintaining relationships with creative agencies who work with key clients with the objective of helping them understand how to get the best out of the platform and eventually reducing reliance on the brand strategy team for smaller scale creative output
- Exemplifying the values of the global Brand Strategy team who contributes to success outside of your immediate geographic region and exemplifies the core values of the company and team
- Oversee the execution of large and custom programs and assist the Brand Program Manager in ensuring deadlines are met and obstacles are removed
- Supporting a roster of between 15 – 20 clients that may change on a quarterly basis. Supporting the clients includes maintaining a close ear to the ground regarding all facets of your clients’ business, where possible, know their business and their customers better than them.
- Minimum 8+ years experience in digital media and marketing at an agency, platform, publisher, and/or brand. Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing creative digital media programs at scale that drive brand awareness and high user engagement
- Deep understanding of digital user experiences and how to collaborate with creative and technical experts to bring them to life
- Experience leading and managing clients; managing small teams of people is a plus
- Strong customer service and solution-focused attitude, including interpersonal skills
- An understanding of Twitter's promoted products and overall advertising model
- Proficient computer skills (Keynote, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- BA/BS degree, but life experience is also valued
- Native-level Japanese and business-level English
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!