Specialist, Ads Policy
Who We Are
The teams in Twitter’s Trust & Safety (T&S) department work to safeguard the user’s voice in balance with manageable risk through policy enforcement that promotes trust in Twitter. Areas of focus include privacy and intellectual property rights, government and law enforcement requests, advertising policies, and safety advocacy.
The Ads Policy team is responsible for the policies that apply to Twitter’s advertising products. We work closely with Twitter’s Legal, Product, Ad Operations, and Sales teams around the full life cycle of a policy - from initial legal and regulatory research, to implementation at scale, to re-evaluation in response to incidents.
What You’ll Do
Twitter is seeking a detail-oriented, motivated individual to help the Ads Policy team optimize existing processes and drive team performance.
- Handle incoming queries about advertising policy areas with clear, helpful, and complete responses
- Continuously evaluate, propose, and execute on improvements for existing processes
- Maintain accessible, clear, and useful policy documentation for internal and external parties
- Monitor and analyze data trends to inform team decision-making and strategy
- Perform research and other tasks to support policy development
- Deliver trainings to internal partners to educate on the Ads Policy team and policies
- Coordinate projects among local/distributed teammates and partners to meet deadlines, produce necessary work product, and achieve team goals
- Coordinate and drive agendas for global and regional team meetings
- Build collaborative relationships with partners in Legal, Sales, Product, Public Policy and other areas of the company
Who You Are
- You have deep understanding of Twitter and familiarity with Twitter Ads
- You have some experience with policy development or enforcement
- You love optimizing processes and working on projects that drive team improvement
- You have exceptional analytical, research, and organizational skills
- You actively recognize needs, tackle problems, anticipate issues, and develop solutions
- You are skilled at identifying trends and working with data to get results
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have worked on a globally distributed team
- You love working in a fast-paced, rapid growth, fun environment
- 3+ years of experience at a tech company, preferably working on policy issues
- Experience in operations & process improvement
- B.A/B.S. or equivalent education/experience
Potential exposure to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!