Senior Instructional Designer
We currently have an opening for a Senior Instructional Designer in our San Francisco or New York office. In this role, reporting into Design + Development Lead, you will design and develop learning materials to support the full suite of Twitter’s L+D programs. This will require you to be an exceptional designer, capable of eliciting information from key stakeholders or researching a new topic, and translating it into cogent and compelling learning content. You will apply the voice of Twitter to all that you do and you’ll have a strong visual aesthetic with experience in designing high-end multimedia and video as well as classroom materials and facilitator guides. You’ll partner closely with L+D Program Managers and Learning Experience designers in developing world-class L+D initiatives for Twitter employees.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute instructional design expertise to the overall program design, collaborating effectively with the Learning Experience Manager and Program Manager.
- Manage stakeholders and subject matter experts in the content development process, ensuring alignment, engagement and expectation management.
- Develop content through independent research or by interviewing internal subject matter experts or a combination of both.
- Design and develop live virtual learning and classroom materials including slide decks, activity sheets, facilitator guides.
- Design and develop online learning modules using authoring tools such as Articulate Rise and Camtasia.
- Direct video shoots and manage vendors in the development of high-end multimedia content; providing detailed scene-by-scene storyboards and visual direction.
- Design content across the full range of L&D programs including new hire onboarding, career development, talent programs, management and leadership development and key organizational capabilities and tools.
- Facilitation of classroom and live virtual learning from time to time.
- Proactive individual with strong execution and service orientation.
- Effective partner for stakeholders and sponsors across the company and at all levels.
- Strong project management discipline for setting expectations, execution and resolving issues.
- Ability to extract knowledge from Subject Matters Experts and design for ease of learning.
- Innovative design approach that is not constrained by what is today or tools available.
What you have done:
- 6+ years learning design experience.
- Proven skills in instructional design for classroom and online delivery.
- Experience in engaging stakeholders in learning projects.
- Project management experience; familiar with content design lifecycle.
Collaborative, team player with a strong focus on delivering to have an impact.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!